Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impact wrench question

now that looks like a very nice socket set

I have a 1/2 impact (air) driver that I got from Craftsman, it has never failed me yet. Don't use it much any more since I got a high torque electric drill and use a socket adapter. This spins on my lugs with out tearing up the chrome and then I just use my torque wrench for final. I am so not into moving hoses any more.

RACER00

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Shopmier View Post
    I have a 1/2 impact (air) driver that I got from Craftsman, it has never failed me yet. Don't use it much any more since I got a high torque electric drill and use a socket adapter. This spins on my lugs with out tearing up the chrome and then I just use my torque wrench for final. I am so not into moving hoses any more.
    I'm with you there. I use a Craftsman cordless C3 1/2" Impact Wrench and it worked great for removing the lug nuts on my wife's van the last time I rotated the tires. It hammered them right off and the lug nuts fell into my hands before I could release the trigger. I've been thinking about an IR compressor for the heavier duty jobs, but I can't seem to justify the cost or space it would take up for what little use I would get out of it.

Silver Award 
    I have the ir ti also great gun you will not be disappointed.

Platinum Award 
    i have the IR titanium, a snapon impact, and a snapon cordless impact.

i mostly use the snapon cordless, as its capable of over 400ft/lb. when that wont get the job done i break out the snapon, which is rated around 1100, but its probably closer to 800.

remember, its not just the gun, if the airhose you use is too small, itll kill the power of the gun. too many people have 1/4" line and wonder why their impact guns suck
    2005 v6 redfire mustang. yup its slow.
    12.03 @ 118.5 best et
    12.11 @ 122.0 best mph