Thread: Alternator Relocation

Alternator Relocation

I am eliminating the PS and AC and want to move the alternator to the AC compressors position. Does anybody make a bracket for this?

Why not keep the alternator in the stock location? If you want to do the carb or 4bbl Throttlebody(HINT) on the Sullivan, you can keep the alternator in the stock location along woth the stock crossover.

Here's an example...............note............this is with a electric waterpump. Note your stock rotation rotation on you waterpump and make sure you can route it the same way. If not, you need to get an electric water pump...............a good idea actually. ;)
    I can't remember if he used the stock tensioner or if it's the one Paul High Performance sells.

WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey thats Phil's car right?
    Heres what i am thinking Bill...I have an ewp and i want to reroute the belt to eliminate the load of the ewps idler, plus a shorter belt.
    OR is it possible to remove the idler off the ewp.
    You hinted at the 4bbl throttlebody...what advantage is it over a carb on a sullivan? I was thinking the carb would make more power due to the air/fuel mixture being introduced in the plenum as opposed to an injector further down the runner.

Quote Originally Posted by NA10sMach View Post
    Hey thats Phil's car right?
    Heres what i am thinking Bill...I have an ewp and i want to reroute the belt to eliminate the load of the ewps idler, plus a shorter belt.
    OR is it possible to remove the idler off the ewp.
    You hinted at the 4bbl throttlebody...what advantage is it over a carb on a sullivan? I was thinking the carb would make more power due to the air/fuel mixture being introduced in the plenum as opposed to an injector further down the runner.
    Yup.............Phil's car. I know how you could not use the EWP in a 5.4, but not your engine. The EWP is just an idler now...away to route the belt. No big power drain at all.
    I think if you went the route with the 4BBL TB you could better run the car with the FAST. It would be dead consistent with the tune all the time with 2.0 FAST. It have some nice new features with auto tune....to get you VERY close to your tune... and with "Intelligent Traction control". Both are standard on the new 2.0 FAST. IF you choose to go with nitrous later on, I would choose to run the LS1 COPS with the XIM. It's a good idea even N/A.
    As far as a Carb being better because of the reason stated, I'd really only go with that if you were running straight methanol and could benefit from the better latent heat of vaporization(cooler charge more timing) with meth VS normal gasoline.

Besides, it easier to make a keystroke than change a jet or adjust a float!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ