Thread: 4.0L Whipple VS. 2.3L Whipple

4.0L Whipple VS. 2.3L Whipple

Just a cool comparison of the two!

The 4.0 is going on a 2008 Nitemare F150 with a 2008 GT500 engine.

The 2.3 is for a Lightning.

WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

thats a huge difference... how much heavier is that?? for sure need two guys or a hernia belt to lay one of those puppies on the engine while leaning over the fenders...

By the way Bill, have you guys had the chance to put a 2.9 on a terminator?

Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    thats a huge difference... how much heavier is that?? for sure need two guys or a hernia belt to lay one of those puppies on the engine while leaning over the fenders...

By the way Bill, have you guys had the chance to put a 2.9 on a terminator?
    It's a big difference, mainly in efficiency at the same boost pressure on the same engine. The final inlet temp are much lower and tend to stay lower for a longer period of time.
    No..........I don't recall any terminators with the 2.9. The 2010 Camaro makes silly HP with the 2.9! A yellow Camaro with Kooks headers and stock exhaust, 91 octane, 13.5 degrees of timing and 10 PSI made 612RWHP and 556 torque!
    The thing I like about the Whipple in the Camaro was the very high effency the kit runs at. Because of the claims by Whipple, We made two back to back runs and the blower was barely warm and the intercooler fluid was barely luke warm. I'm very impressed!
    The new 2011 GT should be pretty dang sick too with the 2.9 Whipple.........hint hint hint Superman!.
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    It's a big difference, mainly in efficiency at the same boost pressure on the same engine. The final inlet temp are much lower and tend to stay lower for a longer period of time.
    No..........I don't recall any terminators with the 2.9. The 2010 Camaro makes silly HP with the 2.9! A yellow Camaro with Kooks headers and stock exhaust, 91 octane, 13.5 degrees of timing and 10 PSI made 612RWHP and 556 torque!
    The thing I like about the Whipple in the Camaro was the very high effency the kit runs at. Because of the claims by Whipple, We made two back to back runs and the blower was barely warm and the intercooler fluid was barely luke warm. I'm very impressed!
    The new 2011 GT should be pretty dang sick too with the 2.9 Whipple.........hint hint hint Superman!.

was that camaro making that much on the stock long block? if so what are the limits of it? auto or stick?
    2003 SRT4 12.29@109.36 SOLD
    2003 Cobra 12.00@119 SOLD

2004 Cobra vert 12.05@118
    -intake, exhaust, pulley

2007 Mustang GT 13.66@102
    -JLT CAI
    -Bama tune
    -JBA axle back

Quote Originally Posted by silvrsvt View Post
    was that camaro making that much on the stock long block? if so what are the limits of it? auto or stick?
    That was a stick. 650+
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ