Thread: ProCharger oil change

ProCharger oil change

I bought my Mustang used, but it was from a Ford dealer, not the original owner. Just wondering how often the oil should be changed on it and methods used. Not much room in the engine bay with all the empty space being taken up by the P/C. It's a P-1SC-1.

I have two vehicles with prochargers on them. The oil change interval is 6,000 miles. Hope this helps.

I think it was the old paxtons where you had to use a Turkey bayster to pump the fluid out..Pat, do the pro's have a drain on them?

Yes, the Pros have a drain plug. With the SC installed, be ready for a mess. On my Supercrew I have to remove the SC to change the oil. Plus you will need to purchase the oil from ATI/Procharger. I've never heard of anyone using a different oil.

Later, Patrick

Yeah, most likely I will need to do some disassembly. What's the minimum we're talking, just the head unit? I've never done maintenance on a SC before, so I'm not sure what I can and can't take apart without jacking anything up. Any pointers would be great. I've got a 3-pack of oil on the way.

On the mustangs you should be able to access the plug from the bottom. Just don't take the plug all the way out while you're under it. The SC only holds six ounces, so it's not like changing the engine oil.

Hope this helps. My other car with the procharger is an 01 Roush.