Thread: 2011 GT500 MGW Shifter

Hybrid View

Platinum Award 

2011 GT500 MGW Shifter

So I picked up an MGW shifter for the Shelby. I've never used MGW before, but from what I've read it's received great reviews, and appears to be a great piece. I also went for the black shifter knob with cobra logo, along with the adapter shaft so I can also swap to the stock knob later.

Ford's supposedly coming out with a "fix" for the 1-2 shift grind on the GT500 sometime in May, so I'm going to wait to install until I hear exactly what that fix is going to be.

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

That looks like a great piece! Ive heard many good things about the MGW shifters, didnt know about the 1-2 shift grinds though. Wonder what recalls are for the '11 Gt's?

Platinum Award 
    Different tranny. There are no recalls or tsb's as of yet for the Shelby. From what I hear the GT shifts just fine. My car grinds when you shift out of first above 5k.

is the grind issue just on the 11's or all the gt500's?

Quote Originally Posted by svtrichie View Post
    is the grind issue just on the 11's or all the gt500's?
    It's on 10's as well.

I don't have a GT 500 , but I do have an MGW in my 03' and love it. Very short responsive shifts.

MGW on the saleen and the cobra.. best shifter I've ever owned.. but the waiting is a good idea.. if you don't have any contacts at the dealer would not want them to whine about the shifter causing the issues..

Platinum Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    MGW on the saleen and the cobra.. best shifter I've ever owned.. but the waiting is a good idea.. if you don't have any contacts at the dealer would not want them to whine about the shifter causing the issues..
    My thoughts exactly! I figure if I change it out now that will be the first thing they point to. Which leads me to my next problem...I probably should't put a whipple on until after then either?

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

I would have to say it would depend what connection you have at the dealer.. for instance the a buddy with a Mach.. he got away with 4 broken 3650 and two rear end assemblies under warranty.. all broken from 5000K clutch drops at the track.. not a question asked.. on the other hand, some guy with a dirty MAF sensor with a too oiled up K&N.. pay up BIATCH!!!