View Poll Results: Will you attend the dinner in Wickenburg?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sat 5/21/11 Wickenburg cruise for dinner

Silver Award 
    Thanks Hank for setting this up it was fun!! 120 in the Stang is an absolute blast!

We had 35 people in 17 vehicles. Great cruise, great people, great dinner and great ice cream. Who could ask for more. We had members from AZ Mustang Car Club, Copperstate Mustang Club and Wild West Mustang Club attend.Jim Peterson, Director of AZMCC, brought some really nice door prizes to hand out courtesy of their sponsor Power Ford in N Scottsdale. Thanks Lonnie-sorry you couldn't make it out. Roma & Marty Hagan, Vulture Mine caretakers and their family met us there. They provided a DVD that we showed "Stories of the Vulutre Gold Mine". Very entertaining. When the word went out at 7pm that Screamers closed at 8pm, 35 people were out the door in 30 seconds flat-no lie! Screamers look like a used muscle car dealership. Give me a little more time to post more photos that Samantha took while we were driving.

Some more folks are planning a cruise each month. They will post the details here as soon as they can. Yarnell, Biosphere, Tombstone and Karchner are some of the ones I heard mentioned tonight. The last 2 may be weekend trips. Remember-anyone can do this. Pick a reasonable location and post it to get a response of how many will attend. Try to post it more than 4 weeks ahead, so people have time to plan. Don't try to do too many things (I'm guilty of that) in one day. check the calender of the clubs to make sure it doesn't conflict with any of their events. Even if its hot out we can go to dinner, and you don't have to take your 'Stang.

Carolyn and I are offering our place to show an outdoor movie. The nights are still nice for the next several weeks. We have a 20 x 30 foot outdoor screen. Rick S from WWMC offered to bring a Rt 66 video he created as pre-show entertainment. "Gone in 60 Seconds" as the main feature?

I want to go to Screamers again, and take turns putting each of our cars somewhere in that front row! What a shot.

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

Thanks Joe! I know you mean KM and not MPH (everyone reads these boards)...

Where are you taking us on your cruise night?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Thanks Hank for setting this up it was fun!! 120 in the Stang is an absolute blast!
    Hank
    Phoenix
    '89 ASC/McLaren #176
    '87 ASC/McLaren #134 SOLD!
    '85 GT Orig Owner 27k miles

Man sorry I missed this! Looked like a great time!! Thanks for the pics.

We had a blast as well! What a great time hanging out and cruising with all of you. I have a couple photos as well.

Great time! It was nice to do something different on a Saturday nite. What an awsome drive and sunset. Definitly a do it again activity. Thanks Hank!

RACER00

Silver Award 
    Not sure why but my cell phone seemed to make the pictures seem blue. But they look ok.

I prefer a car cruise more than just about anything the clubs do. In my opinion the people that run the clubs are sometimes forgetting what this is suppose to be about in the first place, FUN, the quality of PEOPLE, and the LOVE OF THE MUSTANG!! PERIOD.

If its fun you can count me in. If its boring and stress filled I DON'T WANT TO DO IT!!!
    Last edited by JoeT; 05-23-11 at 04:38 PM.

Silver Award 
    oh and the star of the event!

Ms. Shelby