Thread: New member from Ahwatukee

Cool New member from Ahwatukee

Well somehow I ended up being Ford fan... (not a great start to a post, right?). I was a die hard Chevy owner for years and loved my old 96 Impala back in the day (nitrous, mini-tub, 18x12's etc etc). My big block suburban got expensive with the gas mileage so I drove a diesel Excursion back in 05. MAN what a truck, great gas mileage and it ran low 14's in the 1/4 mile! I had that from 05 until last month and put 80K miles on it trouble free until I started getting coolant puke, damn there goes the head gaskets, time for a new vehicle. Needed to find a fairly new 6+ passenger vehicle, saw the Flex at SEMA in 08 and was wowed except for the whole FWD/NA V6 portion. YUCK! Started researching and found out that a twin turbo AWD version was now available that supposedly ran mid 14's stock and low 13's with tune!!!! 4 hours later I had a 2010 Flex Ecoboost AWD in the driveway. A few months ago I was also talked into buying my wife her dream car from high school, a red mustang convertible. I found a '10 V6 one for her for cheap and away we go, I am now fully a Ford house (except my sons 1997 Altima skateboard).
    Thought I'd join the local Mustang forums so that when I have a few bucks I can do some mods to the wife's stang and my Flex.

BTW, I tell my wife I hate her Mustang V6 all the time but I sure wouldn't mind dropping it with some nice wheels and a turbo kit, it's supposed to run 12's with just that. :)

Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    welcome aboard man!

you use to have a speed 6 at one time i do believe. i remember seeing you around the mazda boards i do believe. glad to see ya on the ford boat now though!

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

I did have a speed6, I'm enjoying the Flex. It is surprising how quick a 5,000lb vehicle can be when it has twin turbos. I'm probably going to work with Keith to get a tune in it and get some more HP to the wheels over the next few months.
    :)

welcome!
    2001 True Blue Cobra Convertible
    1 of 292
    #935 built on 4/20/01

WELCOME!
    WILD BILL
    PRO-AMERICAN

TorchRed 2003 MACH1 (Louise)
    "I remember my fallen brothers so that they may live on."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welcome to the board.