Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Been lurking for a year......

Been lurking for a year......

Been lurking here for over a year just before I got my 2010 GT.

Kinda put the GT on pause while I attended to other hobbies, now I'm getting back to it.

Stock:

Not Stock:

Mods are FRPP K-Springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, C&L Intake, Roush Cat-Back, SCT and 20" American Muscle Rims with BGF KDW's

Herb

Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Silver Award 
    Welcome Herb!

Since doing the suspension are you regretting anything and wish you had done anything differently? I wanna lower my 2010 as well and thought about going with the Roush Extreme Springs since it doesn't require changing of the stock struts and shocks. I just don't want to get a ride that I regret.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Welcome Herb!

Since doing the suspension are you regretting anything and wish you had done anything differently? I wanna lower my 2010 as well and thought about going with the Roush Extreme Springs since it doesn't require changing of the stock struts and shocks. I just don't want to get a ride that I regret.

No regrets here. I have done full suspension set-ups before and that was not what I wanted with the Mustang.
    I like the way it handles and rides now and think it is an improvement over the stock springs. I definately wanted something that noticeably lowered the car.
    I will probably upgrade the shocks/struts when needed to some Koni adjustables.

Herb

Silver Award 
    Do you have any issue with hitting the bump stops after adding the springs? I didn't realize you lowered and didn't change the struts or shocks kind of what I'm thinking just to save some money for now. I have more ideas than cash on hand and since the economy tanked over the last 4 years or so Ive stopped using my credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Do you have any issue with hitting the bump stops after adding the springs? I didn't realize you lowered and didn't change the struts or shocks kind of what I'm thinking just to save some money for now. I have more ideas than cash on hand and since the economy tanked over the last 4 years or so Ive stopped using my credit cards
    No issues at all.

Herb

Platinum Award 
    Welcome!, whats else sis you have to do when you lowered it? Any other special items? I want to do the same FRPP Springs.
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Quote Originally Posted by Jacostang View Post
    Welcome!, whats else sis you have to do when you lowered it? Any other special items? I want to do the same FRPP Springs.
    With the stock 19" wheels I didn't need to do anything, but I needed to add a panhard bar to center the axel when I went to the 20" wheels.

The 20's really showed how uncentered the axel was.

Alignment was good so I didnt bother with caster/camber plates or bolts.

Herb

Welcome i love that body style

Silver Award 
    Ive been doing a lot of reading about this and am learning that whatever spring you go with be sure they are "Progressive Springs" otherwise ride quality goes out the window.
    I'm leaning towards the Eibach Pro Kit, still undecided about this stuff really, I went with the Ford Racing last time with the 06 GT and although it was awesome on good roads its sucked azz on normal Phoenix roads.
    I'm also learning that strut and shock rebound has a lot to do with ride comfort as well. Still learning this one. Overall though everyone says if you want a great ride buy a Cadillac.
    I just cant figure out why ride quality cant be bought and still have a good suspension for the twisties!