Thread: 4.6L intake and 351 Cleveland in my 68

4.6L intake and 351 Cleveland in my 68

I have a near complete stock intake system that came off my 2007 Mustang GT with the 4.6 engine when I put a Saleen supercharger on my 2007. My 2007 had only 3000 miles on it when I put the Saleen SC on. My question is:
    My son and I are building up a 1968 Mustang Coupe, which presently has a 351 Cleveland, manual stock 4 speed transmission. Can I use the intake system off my 07 GT on the 351c? We are replacing the stock 4 speed manual with a 5 speed manual out of a foxbody car. If it is possible to use the intake off the 07, would there be allot of modification? If it would be impossible or a pain in the neck, we will probably go back to our original plan with a nice 4 bbl carb.
    Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated,

Thank you,
    Keith Orr
    Payson AZ
    Rim Country Mustang Club

I doubt its possible unless someone makes some type of manifold adapter? Correct me if im wrong. Im not sure what heads you have either whether their 2V or 4V but im just about certain they're not 3V which is what the 07 GT intake is. In addition you would be converting it to fuel injection if im not mistaking so you'll need all the ecu junk that goes with it. Balls on your court but i'd either keep it a carb. or do a complete motor/tranny swap from a donor.

I think you are correct. We have decided to stay with the carb. Even though it is not the original motor, we have decided to keep it as close to it date as we can.
    Thank you very much for your reply.

Keith

np gald i could help

Slightly off topic, but, unless you're building a pro stocker, the best heads for those cleveland motors are the 2v heads with an aftermarket 4v manifold made for 2v heads. The 4v heads have such huge ports, they really give you nothing in the bottom to midrange. They don't start to wake up until about 6k rpms. Just a wandering tidbit of info in me head from days gone by.

It's back from the dead!!!

351 Cleveland

Thank you very much for the input. The heads we have for the 351c are the 2v heads. So I do believe we will go with the aftermarket 4v manifold made for the 2v heads and a nice size 4bbl carb. But the engine is on the stand right now collecting dust. We are nearly finished with the body work. Next, sandblasting the engine compartment and complete bottom of car. We are getting more excited now that we are finally putting the car back together instead of tearing it down. Picture are coming.

Thanks,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by JimInNY View Post
    Slightly off topic, but, unless you're building a pro stocker, the best heads for those cleveland motors are the 2v heads with an aftermarket 4v manifold made for 2v heads. The 4v heads have such huge ports, they really give you nothing in the bottom to midrange. They don't start to wake up until about 6k rpms. Just a wandering tidbit of info in me head from days gone by.

Perfect comb. A 650 cfm carb should be more than enough for it, btw.

Can't wait to see pics. :)