Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Stripe

Quote Originally Posted by dun4791 View Post
    The main cooling issue with the drivers head is that there is no fitting in the back of the head allowing the hot coolant an escape passage out of the head, like on the pass side.
    Thats not what AZSonicSnake asked. He wanted to know why the blue stripe was on his driver side head. It was there to identify that the warranty/recall or TSB had been performed. Its Fords claim that the redesigned head cured the cooling issue which resulted in the ticking noise. The AFTERMARKET came out with the fitting to replace the freeze plug in the driver side head that lets coolant excape the rear of the head like the passenger side does from the factory. But again thats not the question AZSonicSnake asked.

Gold Award 
    its all good, the more info the merrier.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    Thats not what AZSonicSnake asked. He wanted to know why the blue stripe was on his driver side head. It was there to identify that the warranty/recall or TSB had been performed. Its Fords claim that the redesigned head cured the cooling issue which resulted in the ticking noise. The AFTERMARKET came out with the fitting to replace the freeze plug in the driver side head that lets coolant excape the rear of the head like the passenger side does from the factory. But again thats not the question AZSonicSnake asked.
    Sorry if I upset you somehow.
    The blue stripe means there is some blue paint on the head, nothing more.
    Again, sorry if I upset you somehow.

Platinum Award 
    The blue stripe on the means absolutely nothing as far as differentiating it from another run/part number or replacement head. There are several stock cobras running around that have had no TSB work done that still have the blue stripe (my sisters neighbor has a cobra that has never had the heads replaced and it has the blue stripe). In others words, pay no attention to the blue stripe.

There new redesigned heads have also ticked on some cars.
    If your head is not ticking don't worry about it.
    +1 on the LDC cooling mod to get more cooling on the drivers side head.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    dun4791 is one of the owners of LDC Chicago. HPS's newest supporting vendor. They manufacture the cooling mod and and have extensive knowledge relating to the head issues on these cars.
    Last edited by BurnTire; 12-13-06 at 06:15 PM.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    dun4791 is one of the owners of LDC Chicago. HPS's newest supporting vendor. They manufacture the cooling mod and and have extensive knowledge relating to the head issues on these cars.
    The problem was that Svt thought that the infamous tick was caused by the cylinder head this is a problem they had a few months after production so they had changes the drivers head and the only way they could differentiate between the two was the blue stripe. I don’t care who works were if you have access to any TSBs you will see that they specifically identify the up graded head by the blue strip. How ever the blue strip head was only from mid year 03 to the start of the new 9 threaded production in 04. I Find it odd that I was told from modular fords why would you use anti seize when we only have 4 threads and that statement was wrong and he too was a shop owner because I was working on a 2004 and not a 2003. The facts are the blue strip head is a 03 replacement head only some cars received this before ever being sold or final assembly. The 04 head is a completely different head all together. Because the 2004 cobra head is equip with improved coolant passages and the all new 9 threaded spark plug hole. If you have anymore question on this matter I will gladly address them. I will guarantee you all that I have done my home work on this subject seeing as how I was working at ford when this change took place and also after having done so many of these cars.

The actually the tick is caused by collapses piston skirts that is a direct result of detonation causing excessive piston to wall clearance. In my case it was 4 thousands clearance at the top of the cylinder that is why it was ticking in the mornings and would go away after warming up until the problem worsened

Dan

I think that we can all agree that I have beaten my Cobra more than anyone around I have been 200mph in my cobra and back down I have had 18#s of boost spraying the shit out of it for two years strait , I also was in the 10s with a stock un-ported Eaton And I have been one of the quickest if not the fastest 2.2 KB car in the country I have never ever performed a cooling mod on my car nor will I ever. I have had no problems with cooling on my car . I personally don’t ever recommend it. 99% of the modifications leak or are made poorly If this was the end all be all cooling modification wouldn’t you think that with the 208780680243086082 dollars ford spent on R&D and head up grades they would have spent the .35 cents to make this foolish modification. If you buy this mod for some added protection please under stand that it is not proven to protect anything other than the other guy’s wallet. Think about it 180-200 mph on Spray and I have documentation of this! You do the math I have 373 gears and was in 6th gear at 6800 RPM this is no joke . The guy I was racing was Joe the leader of Scottsdale Exotic car club with his Porsche 911tt.

I by no means am saying that I know it all , I just have never seen the need nor supporting evidence to justify this modification .

Dan

Remember Jeff I still love yea ::: kiss::::: Kiss:::::

The Nunn's

It was brought to my attention that my post could possibly be taken as a slam on our new vendor. that is not the case here, If you feel compelled to perform this modification by all means use his stuff because it is the only one that I have seen that actually has some thought put in to it. If it sounded like I was bashing someone I am not and it was not my intention. Thank you again

Jeff I love all the smilies