Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Stripe

Gold Award 
    wow, some good info there dan. good thing i am not too worried about how my plugs are in the heads. some really cool ernie guy put mine in...

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

LDC supports this site. It is their $$$ that help pay for the never ending increasing costs of running this site. Their products are top notch and come highly recommended in the mustang community. Some people personally like the cooling mod, others feel it is not necessary. If you do choose to do the cooling mod the LDC is the best designed kit on the market. Their Clutch freeplay kit is also top notch. LDC can answer any questions you may have about their products.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    NMRA #MM7521
    2005 WFC Modular Street Winner

Quickest and fastest stock pullied, non ported eaton 03 in the country.
    11.160 @ 125.08 Record retired

New combo, new #'s soon.
    508 Hp 548 TQ SAE
    10.55 @ 130 MPH

594 HP 756 TQ on the sauce

Real Name = Lou.

Gold Award 
    ok, well, i have 43k on my car. is it safe to say i will not have the issue? or does it pop up at anytime? and whats the best precautions i can take to avoid it? i mean i know about the various cooling mods, and when i have a clutch done, one will be done. but otherwise, are there things i can avoid in my daily driving of the beast?

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Quote Originally Posted by AZSonicSnake View Post
    ok, well, i have 43k on my car. is it safe to say i will not have the issue? or does it pop up at anytime? and whats the best precautions i can take to avoid it? i mean i know about the various cooling mods, and when i have a clutch done, one will be done. but otherwise, are there things i can avoid in my daily driving of the beast?
    Typically, but not always, the tick shows up early in the engine's life. Unless you do something really dumb like an extended high speed run, as opposed to 1/4 mile racing, you probably will never experience the tick issue if you don't have it by now.
    The extended high speed runs seem to be a primary cause for the tick to develop. There are several underlying reasons for this, one being the excessive heat and no way to rid that area of it.

Many people that have the tick, and weren't eligible for warranty repairs by Ford, have continued to drive the car with no further problems other than the annoying sound, opting to replace the head when other problems arise for which the repairs would lend themselves to installing new heads.

Gold Award 

Cool

thank you for the info. i had been warned about the high speed runs by dan, and personally i am not a high speed on the freeway kinda guy. i prefer drag racing. and not doing 150mph runs.

but i do appreciate the info. i 100% trust the info i get from my shop, but never hurts to gather more info.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Tony the cooling mod is an owner decision. If you want the most effective cooling this mod can not hurt. Allowing coolant to flow out of the back of the drivers head to the heater core is not a bad thing. You know that I don't do anything on my car that I feel is unnecessary. I feel that this was $180 well spent. But ultimately it is an owner decision.
    Jeff

Last edited by BurnTire; 12-14-06 at 01:31 PM.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    well, as i said, when i do a clutch i will have some form of cooling mod put in there. as i know its an issue, and i am also a firm believer that you cannot have too much cooling. thus my radiator, and alumn tanks.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Well LDC is the one to use. It is worth the extra money due to design.
    Sold
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5