Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roll racing footage and pictures this weekend 12-17 or 12-18

Gold Award 
    What kinda MAF are you running? If its maxed or close to it then it wont be able to adjust with temp change and all that. The extra boost from dense air shouldnt have an effect on the tune. I have 2 breathers on my car and my AF hasnt changed when I switched. I would look for vacum leaks especially on the back of the blower. I had a line come off and I about shit myself one night after getting into boost. I was not funny then, but I laugh not how scared I was, lol. Also maybe you started the pull to late which wont let the AF drop as fast say if you started at 2k rpm. And then theres that relearn stuff that Dan mentioned, I get all kinds of confused when it comes to that and what it does to the AF and other things.

Maybe you can take it down to SVC and have them tweak it. I would think for how much money they charged and your there customer they should do this for free.

Best of luck!

Luis

Quote Originally Posted by lucafu1
    What kinda MAF are you running? If its maxed or close to it then it wont be able to adjust with temp change and all that. The extra boost from dense air shouldnt have an effect on the tune. I have 2 breathers on my car and my AF hasnt changed when I switched. I would look for vacum leaks especially on the back of the blower. I had a line come off and I about shit myself one night after getting into boost. I was not funny then, but I laugh not how scared I was, lol. Also maybe you started the pull to late which wont let the AF drop as fast say if you started at 2k rpm. And then theres that relearn stuff that Dan mentioned, I get all kinds of confused when it comes to that and what it does to the AF and other things.

Maybe you can take it down to SVC and have them tweak it. I would think for how much money they charged and your there customer they should do this for free.

Best of luck!

Luis
    well to tell you the truth I will do all my own stuff I have had no problems what so ever and for a eaton car I would go out on a linb and say it is one of the fastest eaton cars in town. I will have my car down at the new shop along with about 10 other svt cobras from this town. We / Performance Solution will be the new SVT cobra service center of Phoenix that will be our forte we should be open first week in feb. we also do custom fabercation

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafu1
    What kinda MAF are you running?
    SCT2400 w/SCT Xcal 2 software

The car is fine, it has 11.5 A/F across the board, 22* timing on 91 octane. I was checking it wrong on the wideband. It was cleared up in another thread.

Didn't check the A/F in 5th cause I don't race in 5th anyways. Haven't checked the 100 octane tune yet either...in fact I've only ran the car twice with 100 octane :roll:

Gold Award 
    Ok cool. I was just trying to throw some ideas out there. I didnt see the other thread but Im glad everything is good.
    How much timing is in your 100oct tune?
    Yeah I wouldnt do a pull in 5th, thats alotta load on the engine. I dont trust these pistons that much.

Luis

Gold Award 
    I'm actually not sure. It's one of the few things I forgot to ask Rob. I'd guess 24.5-26* depending on how safe he thought it was.

You can pull in 5th gear if your car is tuned for it...most tuners won't tune 5th gear which is why people destroy these engines on 150+MPH runs (or just burnout 7 and 8 ). Gotta pull a pissload of timing out to keep the cylinder temps down. But I still wouldn't do it.