Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forged motor build +

Should be...Its going to be a whole new learning curve on the 1/4 mile. But I'm looking forward to the roll races...

hey fool, any news?
    2004 SVT Cobra, C&L, Pypes, SLP, B&M, Steeda, conservative 483rwhp @ 12.6 psi

Platinum Award 
    Damn AF guys.....
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Last week was told the transmission failedBefore that happened 570 hp with 16psi and only 14* of timing.
    Last edited by Stanger00; 01-04-12 at 06:50 AM.

T56. That is all ;)

Haven't decided on a direction to correct this. The failed transmission also blew the motor, sigh.

Platinum Award 
    How did the transmission do that?
    JENNABEARS Foundation

Kicked down to 2nd gear while decel after a 3rd gear pull to 7k rpm pull. Motor spun over 9k rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
    Damn AF guys.....
    I'm out of the AF now

Did the contractor thing in Iraq for a company called URS Corp on a sub-contract that was formally known as LSI working on Merlin IV aircraft...I was the AGE guy and a trainee to get my A license. Cool job but wasnt for me. I resigned after 10 months. Currently, full time student at a Tech school getting a Bachelors in electronic engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by brentsSVT View Post
    T56. That is all ;)
    I wanted to do this but with everything that I need to change out it will break the bank because of the blown motor I have to factor in now.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
    How did the transmission do that?
    I got a 'story' of what happened. Either the transmission failed and the valve body kicked the car into second gear while it was decelerating from 7k rpms or something else happened...I wasnt there to witness what happened. The potential causes after the tuner did some research is the tune on the chip was bad and didnt lock 3rd gear, probable...The chip lost its connection with the ECU causing the ECU to reset while the car was still running (this has never happened in the 2 years its been in my car)...If the ECU resets because of this the transmission will change gears because of the valve body I have in my transmission.

I am still having a difficult time wrapping my head around all of this but its what I have been told. The transmission has been in my car since 2006 and is a trouble free unit from Performance Automatic. I'm going to assume that something internally let go in the transmission and caused this to happen...

Next, I may just have Darrin (BC Automotive rebuild the 4R70W) Circle D re-stall and put in a multi disk clutch and buy a FRPP Aluminator block for a 4 valve. The TFS heads will raise its 8.5:1 compression to 8.7ish but I wont make the same power as the other motor that was in the car. This is the cheapest route and parts alone will break the $5k range, FML. Will just sell my 2007 ZX6R to fund this.

Platinum Award 
    Where did this happen at?

So sorry to hear man, I would be furious!

I didnt know you got out, how long were you active for?
    JENNABEARS Foundation