Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Forged motor build +

Quote Originally Posted by 4Jenna View Post
    Where did this happen at?

So sorry to hear man, I would be furious!

I didnt know you got out, how long were you active for?
    Words dont describe how I feel about this...keeping details light. May seek counsel since I never filled out liability documents when leaving my car at the shop its currently at. Waiting to hear back from the shop to see how extensive the engine damage is...The guy believes the short block is done but also thinks there may be some damage to the valves...All I heard was cha-ching this cha-ching that etc. etc...

I was in for a little over 7 years.

Platinum Award 
    Wow the entire story sounds like some serious hogwash to me. They have some serious explaining to do, I wish you the best of luck.

Again, so sorry man!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

This is the first I heard of something like this happening at this place. This year alone I know of 4 other mustangs that left their shop as happy customers and they all spent a little more than I have at this point.

The transmission going into 2nd gear doesnt make sense to me at all. The chip losing electrical connection to the ECU doesnt make sense to me at all. I see your point and I share the same sentiment. <---that statement is all speculation on my part. Will probably only keep this thread going with updated information as it becomes available to me.

After sending the transmission to BC Automotive we found out that it cavitated and locked up the drums and essentially killed itself and the motor. Performance Automatic sold me an old 4r70w case with a short pan and inside it had parts that said "bad" on them. Somehow it held itself together at 400hp and torque at the wheel for nearly 6 years.

In the end. I had to get the heads decked a couple valves replaced (Machinists in Nor-Cal are scumbags and charge by the hour). Bought a WAP aluminator with 03-04 compression. Have a built BC Automotive 4R70W, thanks Darrin, and lastly a Circle D multi-disk converter stalled for 3200 but will most likely flash around 3500.

3 weeks ago the car was back under its own power but as it was on the dyno oil got into the cooling system! I was told after they removed the heads that gaskets were not matched and needed new ones. I bought gaskets that the tuner told me to buy and I bought OEM MLS 03-04 Cobra gaskets but the oil ports are different. The cobra have a oval oil inlet whereas the trickflows are triangular. Oh and the felpro trickflows are about $200 cheaper.

Yesterday June 18th I called for an update. My car has been running for about a week now but the tuner is on vacation until later this week. Maybe this Thursday or Friday I will get a phone call with good news.

if you happen to need a new flew plate for that I just happen to have a new frpp one in the box
    for a 4r70 trans and drilled for after market converter paid $150 for it still in the box

Thanks. I have a 8 bolt flex plate for the car already.