Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pulled the trigger on my Shelby GT500

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic544 View Post
    What were they lie about???Yep, that's it - who was your sales guy?We have been there maybe three times and Mike has called or texted about a million times. They kind of just dropped it all yesterday around 5pm...odd as it was the last day of the month and all BUT about an hour ago the sales manager called to say they hit our monthly payment target and to come back in...It is on the 4 banger Escape (better mpg) and not the V6 though. Not sure what to do - asking a few more questions and seeing if we can maybe get the bigger/nicer limited rims and pack in some warranty/maint plans.I hear you on StealerShips! The F-ing Mazda place on Bell had a deal on a new loaded Grand Touring 3 all worked out after going back and fourth for a couple of days. The guy text and verbally stated 2.9% for 72 months at X monthly. We said OK and will be in later in the evening to finish up. Sat around and went through the whole new car walk through, Owner/Pres came out to talk with us and BS, set up the nav and radio and blutooth all waiting for the finance guy to be ready...then we go in and the deal is 4.99% for 84 months at the same monthly payment WTF the GM said they made an error and can't go back to what we were told (written down) etc. I get a little pssd and call them out saying why is that the Customers fault and he calls me an asshole WTF...ARRGH Wasted a good three or four hours over the last few days on that BS :(
    I had the same experience there. Just went to look at a raptor and mike took my phone number, which I made the mistake of giving it to him. He has texted me a few times and the managers have called me like 5 times to let me know they have a raptor. And Joe your right that they act as if they will never have another gt500 there.

I must be an idiot (many may agree) but when I went looking for my F-150, went to Peoria first, drove a Ecoboost and a 5.0 and decided on the V8. Peoria did not have a 4x4 5.0 so left. Needless to say I got the 99 calls treatment from them, remember they did not have the truck. Well I went early to the AZMCC meeting at Power and found the truck I liked, so told them I would come back the next day with my trade and plan PIN, see if we could deal, well after all was said and done these guys kept shooting diff. numbers without putting it on paper....I said "show me the #'s", they kept pushing to sign a blank form with nothing in writing. When I left I said email me the numbers and if OK I will return, never did. So I went to Sanderson, had my truck, sat down, looked at invoice, made a deal, then the salesman said, wait two weeks for the Labor Day Wknd we can get $2500 more for your trade, held my breath that the truck would still be there.....in the end I got the truck with all incentives and plan, my diff. went from 11k to 8k (incl. the finance credit of 1k if made 3 payments). Sent an email to Power that I got my truck at Sanderson, sorry, I can't share the reply. In the end I/you have to be happy driving off the lot, if I/you feel screwed, won't be happy with the car.

RACER00

Gold Award 
    Congrats on the car!

I have been looking for a couple years for a clean 1970 Shelby GT500 and have looked at over 10 but never pulled the trigger.

Now keep that great car Joe ! Pay it off and enjoy it.

Congrats on the car! I have been looking for a GT500 in WI and whenever one does happen to make it to a dealer they throw a huge markup on it. I hate this state. Settling for modding out the 06' with a 5-speed that I picked up for just over 11k with only summer miles on it.