Thread: Tim - need estimate please

Question Tim - need estimate please

Tim,

I am tired of hiding the front end of my 2001 ragtop Cobra most of the time with a vinyl mask, so I'm asking Santa to bring me a clear bra for the car.

How much will it run for you to cover the front clip, provide extended coverage for the hood/front fenders, and cover the A-pillars & windshield header? The front clip is OEM. The hood is an aftermarket 2000 Cobra R, but the OEM template may work for it.

I'd like pricing for both the premium and standard films, because money is tight and I may have to settle for the less expensive stuff even though I'd really like the premium. Shoot me a PM or email if you prefer to not publish your pricing.

TIA
    '01 Cobra ragtop w/ a few bolt-ons

KB blower w/ IC & Big Oval TB ** KB F1050 pump ** JBA's ** FRPP FW-clutch-PP ** 00R T56 ** PST C/F DS ** FRPP gears & pinion flange ** Torsen T2R diff ** PHP & BilletFlow braces ** DSS L5's ** Baer 2-pc rotors ** Russell lines & bleeders ** Brembo & FRPP pads ** Extreme Matrix chassis pieces ** EP springs ** Bilsteins ** FRPP front LCA's ** Steeda X2's ** F/R bumpsteer kits ** all poly bushings in back ** BBS RK's ** much more ...

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

KB blower w/ IC & Big Oval TB ** KB F1050 pump ** JBA's ** FRPP FW-clutch-PP ** 00R T56 ** PST C/F DS ** FRPP gears & pinion flange ** Torsen T2R diff ** PHP & BilletFlow braces ** DSS L5's ** Baer 2-pc rotors ** Russell lines & bleeders ** Brembo & FRPP pads ** Extreme Matrix chassis pieces ** EP springs ** Bilsteins ** FRPP front LCA's ** Steeda X2's ** F/R bumpsteer kits ** all poly bushings in back ** BBS RK's ** much more ...

So sorry!! I must have missed the notification that you sent me a message! The price would be about $400-$600, if the existing kits can be used. I need to see the hood to see if the regular pattern will fit it without too much stretching. Give me a call 602 570 1389 and we can discuss when to come in. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tim@smartshield View Post
    So sorry!! I must have missed the notification that you sent me a message! The price would be about $400-$600, if the existing kits can be used. I need to see the hood to see if the regular pattern will fit it without too much stretching. Give me a call 602 570 1389 and we can discuss when to come in. Thanks!
    Thanks, Tim. It was good talking with you today. I'll call you right after Christmas to set a date for your installer to have a look at the car.

Thumbs up Thanks, SmartShield

Just a quick thanks to Tim and the guys at SmartShield for a job well done at a great price. I recommend these folks without reservation. They are all very professional and very pleasant to do business with.

Mike, one of Tim's installers at the Chandler SmartShield location, did a first rate job on my invisible mask installation. Now, after driving around for 10 years in a car that looked like the McDonald's Hamburglar because of always hiding the front end behind a vinyl mask to avoid paint chips, I can drive it without that thing. I'll keep the old vinyl mask and use it for extra protection during highway trips just because I'm paranoid, but I no longer feel like I need it for local drives, which constitute 90% of my wheel time.

You cannot see the invisible mask at all from most angles. (Duh!) Only from behind, when the light is hitting the trailing edge of the film just right can you see where the mask ends, and Mike even made that look good by cutting the trailing edge in an arc, rather than straight across the hood and fenders. SWEET! I'll post photos in a few days. Just really too jammed up until later in the week, but photos are forthcoming. I promise.

Thanks for the kind words! - tim

Red face Photos

Okay, I promised photos, and I'm finally delivering ...

As I said above, the urethane mask is completely invisible, except from behind. Even then, you see only the line formed by the thickness of the material, which is sitting on the paint, and Mike cut that edge as an arc that trails back from the center of the hood to the fenders, so it looks pretty good, even when you can see it.

By the way, I've had the Xpel headlight film on the head and fog lights for about 3 years, now. And that material still looks as good as the day I applied it, so I'm sure the paint film will also be very durable.

Great job, SmartShield! Thanks again.
    Last edited by Taz; 01-14-12 at 02:37 PM.

Looks good Tony. We had this on the FX35 and it was great. Only problem with it was on a white car it would collect a little dirt on the edge so it made the line dark. On the black car you will never see that. Might have to look into it for the Taurus.
    '11 Mustang 5.0 GT Premium Convertable
    '99 Cobra Coupe #582 of 4040 11.93@ 118.06
    '00 Lightning #4265 of 4966 10.71 @ 126.8
    '08 F-150 Lariat Limited Super Crew #1548 of 5000
    '71 Mustang Coupe 351C - the next project

Quote Originally Posted by 99_venom View Post
    Looks good Tony. We had this on the FX35 and it was great. Only problem with it was on a white car it would collect a little dirt on the edge so it made the line dark. On the black car you will never see that. Might have to look into it for the Taurus.
    Thanks, Jim. I'm very happy with the film and the great job SmartShield did installing it.

Incidentally, this is the new self-repairing Xpel Ultimate film. It's as smooth and glossy as the paint around it. Very nice.