Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Website Problems

Including our ancient Domain Controller, We have 6 PC's here at the house, all accessing the Internet through the same router and cable modem. All have their security levels, network configurations, and Internet options set the same. None has any trouble accessing any other website that we have tried. Here's how ability to access the High Performance Stangs site breaks down by PC:

Domain Controller running Win 2000 Server ................ YES

Old Vista laptop running Vista Business 32-bit ............ YES

File and media server running Win7 Ultimate 32-bit ...... NO

My desktop workstation running Win7 Pro 64-bit ......... YES

Wife's desktop workstation running Win7 Pro 64-bit ..... NO

My notebook running Win7 Ultimate 64-bit ................. YES

As mentioned by OP, inability to access the site is not browser dependent.

Further, those PC's which can access the site in a browser window are consistently able to receive replies when pinging the site from a command prompt. Pings from those that cannot access the site in a browser window all time out.

Maybe, this data will help us all figure out what's going on.
    '01 Cobra ragtop w/ a few bolt-ons

KB blower w/ IC & Big Oval TB ** KB F1050 pump ** JBA's ** FRPP FW-clutch-PP ** 00R T56 ** PST C/F DS ** FRPP gears & pinion flange ** Torsen T2R diff ** PHP & BilletFlow braces ** DSS L5's ** Baer 2-pc rotors ** Russell lines & bleeders ** Brembo & FRPP pads ** Extreme Matrix chassis pieces ** EP springs ** Bilsteins ** FRPP front LCA's ** Steeda X2's ** F/R bumpsteer kits ** all poly bushings in back ** BBS RK's ** much more ...

See if you can access
    copperstatemustangclub.com
    steelcitystangs.com
    They are on the same server.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    See if you can access
    copperstatemustangclub.com
    steelcitystangs.com
    They are on the same server.
    Results for those sites were the same as for this one.

KB blower w/ IC & Big Oval TB ** KB F1050 pump ** JBA's ** FRPP FW-clutch-PP ** 00R T56 ** PST C/F DS ** FRPP gears & pinion flange ** Torsen T2R diff ** PHP & BilletFlow braces ** DSS L5's ** Baer 2-pc rotors ** Russell lines & bleeders ** Brembo & FRPP pads ** Extreme Matrix chassis pieces ** EP springs ** Bilsteins ** FRPP front LCA's ** Steeda X2's ** F/R bumpsteer kits ** all poly bushings in back ** BBS RK's ** much more ...

Do you know how to run the tracert command?
    I would like to know where it is hanging up at.

See if you have the same problem with awappa.org

works on everything I own

Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    Do you know how to run the tracert command?
    I would like to know where it is hanging up at.

See if you have the same problem with awappa.org
    Tracert is no help. All I get get is an "unable to resolve target system name" message from the PC's that can't reach the website. No trace.

FWIW, here's a trace from my PC, which has no problem reaching the site:

awappa.org is reachable from all our PC's.

Interesting to say the least. Did you try clearing cookies and temp internet files?

Yes, deleted cookies, history, temp files, etc.

Also, inability to even ping the site from a command prompt points to something other than browser issue.

I am curious what OS papa is running.

I have come up with a fix that works for my machines. The fix is buried in an obscure network connections property sheet multiple dialogs down. Here's what I did:

1. Open up the Network Connections dialog in control panel and open the property sheet for the NIC you're using for your internet connection.

2. Click the Properties button to bring up the Properties dialog

3. Double-click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) list item to bring up the IPv4 dialog

4. Click the Advanced button on the dialog to display the dialog for the advanced TCP/IP settings

5. Select the DNS tab

6. Clear out any/all IP address(es) in the DNS server addresses box.

Ping site --> reachable

Open site in browser window --> no problem