Thread: Racing seats for sale on Ebay

Racing seats for sale on Ebay

Hello Group,
    My son and I are building up a 1968 coupe Mustang. I found on Ebay a vendor selling new racing seats for really good prices. I did contact the vendor and asked about the padding/comfort factor, and all I got back was that they are padded and comfortable. Has anyone in the club purchased these seats found on Ebay? I believe the vendor name is h_q parts. I know in the past racing seats were not very comfortable. And they basically were just covered buckets. These look much better that that in the pictures, but pictures are not very reliable. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Casperorr

I wouldnt buy them unless I could sit in them first. And I'm not usually a fan of cheaper or off brand racing seats. The fabric quality isnt usually up to par with the brand name stuff and also usually fades much faster from sunlight.

Cheapest I would consider is Corbeau but they have problems with sun fading as well. My last purchase was Sparcos and they were great, super comfortable and held up great for the 5 years I had them and didnt fade at all and the car was not garage kept.

racing seats

Thank you very much for your help and information. My son and I are restoring the 68, and have put allot of time into it so far. Last thing we want is to go cheap with junk. Your information is great. Thank you again,
    Keith