Thread: Fake gas cap on trunk...

Question Fake gas cap on trunk...

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the fake gas cap on the trunk lid? The pony decal in the center is showing its age and i purchased a new one, but im not 100% on the easiest way to get it and all the old glue off. im thinking heat? just a blow drier on high and a lot of elbow grease? There are 2 centering dowles so its not like i can just take it off and leave it off.. there needs to be somthing there..

its stuck on with two sided stickytape heat a little piece of nylon line and something to get the adhesive to release
    slowly and carefully keep presure on it if you go to fast you will pull the paint off

Platinum Award 
    Alot of the badges etc. are tape. I've used fishing line and 3m adhesive remover...

Fishing line on a warm day. Make sure to park it facing the sun for a couple hours then just wiggle the fishingline back and fourth and it will come off. It is a little harder then the side badges to get off. The tape is a little better. When you stick it back on make sure to get the 3m red doublesided tape. It is the best. Also buy some adhesion promoter to apply right before you do it and that thing won't come off until you want it to. I painted mine black but I really want the billet one from American muscle but for 140 bucks I am gonna wait a while.

sounds like it will be a fun job.. cool

thanks for all the tips guys!

Thanks alot now I had to go on American muscle and buy that rear emblem. It is a sickness I tell you....

my bad...

its just obviously ugly.. sticks out like a sore thumb once you notice it...

Decided to remove mine too and use the black finned panel from CDC to cover the area. I was a pain to remove the "cap" for sure but glad I did!