Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Now that the 66 is gone I have searched and found a 12 Boss 302 at Peoria Ford. They have 3 to choose from, found the one I liked and started to deal, trading in my 10 GTI. After 3 days of negotiations we came to the deal I wanted in the first place. I did my research and the GTI and came up with about 18K trade in value, Peoria was only willing to give about 16K at first, but they had a bird in the hand and did not want to loose me. Saw Andy at Chili Bombers and was advised about the shifter issue, so went to drive the Boss. When we tryed to start the car, tranny in neutral and clutch full down, the car would continually crank and not start, then I tried with tranny in 1st and clutch full down, same thing, then back to the first senario, same thing. We got out of the car, opened the hood, like we could see the problem. I suggested we get a tech to look at it, so we tried again with the first senario and it started, off we went for the drive, worked the clutch and shifter agressivly and found no fault, that is good. Came back to the dealership and were about ready to do the paper work, as I walked around the car looking for any problems (should always do that), I found a fist sized soft dent in the right rear quarter, OH SHIT! So I said, if you fix that we are good to go, I will finish the deal then. WELL!!!! The dealer said, take the car and bring it back and it will be fixed..."you fix it first" I said. Take the car and don't worry. I was not born yesterday. So we looked at the other orange Boss and it had a smaller dent in the same location, then we looked at all of the Mustangs and exept for the convertable they all had the same issue in some form. What? A factory installed dent, now that was not on the window sticker. After at least a dozen people looked at it, the GM came out and said "If they all have it we won't fix it." Ok, I thanked them for their effort and left. The question is "should I have taken the car? For those of you that have the later Mustang, if you look at the right rear quarter below the window and discover the dent, I am so sorry.

RACER00

What would ~ I ~ do...

1) Not sold the '66! (sorry...still a lil disappointed. Ill get over it....)
    2) With the amount of money you are paying for a BRAND spankin' new Boss, I would say fix it or you are gone.
    "
    Sounds like they do not want to bite the bullet on the dents. Are they really going to let that level of "quality" leave with their dealer name on that car?

Rick please do not get it from peoria! Have heard just tooooooo many things about them. You might wanna talk to Joe about his experience. And dents on all their and they won't fix them? What!? Remember, they gotta pay for their new dealership now and are gonna be passing that along to their customers.

And also, ours does not have a "factory installed dent."

Thumbs down

Rick,
    I would RUN the other direction! I have heard nothing but negative about Peoria Ford. My wife and I went in there looking a year ago before the new ownership and were not impressed at all with the way handled things. Personally if I am paying that kind of money for a NEW Mustang, I don't want one that has had body work done to it before I take it off the lot.
    Just my 1 1/2 cents worth...

Silver Award 
    I bought five new vehicles from the previous, Sunset Ford over the years and always had a very positive experience with working Charles and the others there. I have been back since the change over to Peoria Ford and it is a very different place indeed. Too bad.

2005 Redfire GT Premium W/GT 500 Body Kit
    Whipple IC Super Charger W/Custom Tune By: PSR

I always goto Sanderson first, but no Boss'. Peoria is definitly a strange game when dealing. I main concern is the quality of the Mustang, the starting thing and the dent are an issue. I went thru paint problems on my 08 Bullitt, Sanderson fixed it perfectly, just a pain it butt. I look now to the Golf R and the Focus ST. I am still passionate about the Mustang after owning 10 over the last 30 odd years. Great memories.

RACER00

Platinum Award 
    Our 11 Mustang has no factory dent, they must have something crazy over there.....
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

I think you did the right thing and walked away. Sounds like that may have been the beginning to a long line of issues with them.

I think both you and the dealer missed an opportunity.

A. You are a senior member of an influential website devoted to Fords.
    B. If the dealer had known that, perhaps you would have been treated better.

If you don't believe in what I just said, ask yourself this question...anybody feel like buying a car from Peoria Ford after your review?

P.S. Since the Boss is a new and hot item, this may not work, but you could ask your favorite dealer to do a dealer trade.