Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My 4:10 gear o.k.?

If nittos can't get it done bfg's definitely can't unless its straight drag radials. Don't think he wants drag radials for street driving. Nitto NT05 are awesome. They hook fantastic but only get Maybe 10k miles if your lucky. Also the NT05R could get it done to. I've got michelin pilot super sports and with over HP and tq they hook great. Also some lower control arms would help out tremendously.

unless you go with a super sticky tire nitto's nor BFG is going to keep you from blowing the tires off

Drag radials are really fine for street use, I never had a problem with them.

I had 4.10s on my 07 Roushcharged 427R and loved it. You'll learn how to use the loud pedal real soon and be fine.

As far as DRs on a street car it depends on which ones. I like the Nitto 555 DRs for a street car. You can get about 10-15K out of them and they ride/drive like a normal radial street tire. The Mickeys and BFGs hook better at the track but don't last very long. Currently I run Nitto 555 DRs on the street and Hoosier QTPs at the track.

Never tried the NT05 but that sounds like a good option, too.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

I have 4:10s in my Vortech V3 Si-Trim car. You will love the 4:10s!

I have the 4.10s on my GT and you will smoke some tires, easily, so learn how to control it at first especially with that Super Charger. Just go ahead and put some extra money aside, for the new Rear tires, your gonna have to buy. Also, you Will loose some milege on the HWY, not soo much on the street, but on the HWY you will notice that.
    2007 MUSTANG GT 4.6L , SCT CUSTOM TUNE, STEEDA CARBON FIBER CAI, FRPP 410 GEARS, MAGNAFLO O/R X-PIPE & EXHAUST, STAGGERED 22"

i had 4.10s in my supercharged 95 and i loved them.