Thread: Car seat in the back..

Car seat in the back..

Does anyone here have or had a forward facing car seat in the back of their new stang. My little one is 17 months and is going to be in a seat for a few years. Before I go and test fit one at the dealer, it would be nice to know if it is going to be a waist of time or not. I am trying to decide on a new car and being a 5.0 guy, I would love a new one.

Rich

its probably not much help but a buddy of mine in my platoon has some little ones, and a 2012 5.0, has the car seat in there and everything. Everything looks like it mounts up pretty easily, other then the fact its in the back where is a pain in the @$$ to get to. He hasnt said anything negative about it yet

I waited til my kids was in a booster seat before I got the Mustang. IMO it would be a PITA getting them in and out of the rear seat.
    But depending on how the child seat or base fits in the rear it should be doable. Best to try it out at the dealership with the seats you have.
    The Mustang was the first car I bought that I didn't have to test child seats in before I bought it....

Had a car seat in the back of my 2007 for a year and a half before my youngest graduated to a booster seat. I just pulled the booster seat out about six Months ago because he is tall enough and meets the weight requirement. Obviously the booster seat is much easier to deal with but you have to remember that this is short term with the car seat with latching the seatbelt and you'll only have to deal with this chore a couple of times a day. Not worth giving up the mustang, trust me. Tip: Use a beach towel folded twice under the car seat to catch all the spilled drinks,snacks, animal crackers ect..

2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
    Tuned by Extreme Performance
    Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    18x9 18x10, 265/45/18 + 295/45/18
    Concept hood
    JBA LT's, Pypes HF cats, 2nd rev. Flowmasters
    MGW short throw.

I have a 2012 GT and two kids. There's tie downs and all in the back seat. It works easily.