Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05-07 check

05-07 check

Could someone please check and tell me if the engine icon "on a car that will and has passed emissions" and tell me when you turn the key to accessory position if the icon stays solid or flashes? Marty adjusted my tune for my O2 responce and I've driven over 150 miles since Monday and no codes yet but when I turn the key to accessory the icon is solid which I think means that the system is still not ready yet. Thanks guys.

2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
    Tuned by Extreme Performance
    Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    18x9 18x10, 265/45/18 + 295/45/18
    Concept hood
    JBA LT's, Pypes HF cats, 2nd rev. Flowmasters
    MGW short throw.

On my wife's stone stock 08 Mustang GT the icon stays solid. It only has 20k miles and I assume it would pass emissions.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Thank you for checking, I'm still trying to figure out if my OBD2 system is locked out or unlocked. It should have at 150 miles but normally it throws codes but if it does not throw codes is there any other way to know if the ECU is unlocked?

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTANGT View Post
    Thank you for checking, I'm still trying to figure out if my OBD2 system is locked out or unlocked. It should have at 150 miles but normally it throws codes but if it does not throw codes is there any other way to know if the ECU is unlocked?
    key on engine off light comes on for bulb check when you start the motor light will be off when light is on when running you get a code or the computer found code is not active any more but you should find it in the history section when its suported by the sanner

FAILED again, 250 miles after latest tune and P1000..... The last 15 times in the past three years its only taken 150 miles for the cumputer to unlock after loading a tune so I was sure I was good to go. I don't know what to do now

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.

why not put the stock tune back in with the stock air box and drive it around.. just hope the cats are up to par..

I tried that about three years ago when I had the car at the dealers getting some work done. Loaded the stock tune and with the long tubes on there and the car fell on its face. I couldn't get more than a block before I had to reload the 91 tune.

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.

you had the stock air box with the stock maf on when that happened at the dealer?

Yup, The first thing I did when I got my mustang was long tubes and Flowmasters. Six months later I get rearended and shoved my entire trunk up to the back window. I took it to the ford dealer on Bell rd to do the repairs and loaded the stock tune when I dropped it off just in case. A Month later when I picked it up I had forgotten that I loaded the stock tune and went to take off on bell to go home and she started to sputter, spit and backfire. I had to pull over in the next parking lot and reload my tune and it ran fine. The last option I have is to put all the stock componants back on the car but that will be a PITA and I shouldn't have to with this new tune. Now I'm being told that I may need to drive up to 300 miles before the computer unlocks and my regristration is due by tomorow.

Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    Concept hood
    MGW short throw.

Fyi, the term unlock isn't the correct term to describe what your saying.. First thing that comes go mind is that your taklking about the handheld interface.
    Many things have to line up for the pcm to go thru all the tests.. For one the gas tank, pretty much can't be less than 1/4 tank nor over 3/4 tank, roughly..

Then the intake air temp has to keep a certain degree spread to the ECT..