Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 05 gt emissions" not ready"

05 gt emissions" not ready"

So I tried to pass emissions today and their monitors reported my car as not ready. I hope this is just because of me replacing my battery last week and not driving enough. Does anyone happen to know where I can find info on the drive cycles needed to ready the computer?

Gold Award 
    how many miles have you driven? if you just changed it last week, chances are it has not had enough time to run the 7 readiness tests. i ran into this with my mazda last year. just drive it a bunch. i think it took almost 100 miles before it ran all the tests. btw- make sure you gas tank is full as well, as some tests won't run when you nearing 1/4 to empty.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Yeah I was at less that quarter tank and nowhere near 100 miles since the change. I guess its roadtrip time.

I just went through this on Monday. My 2007 takes 150 miles on the mark to complete the cycles for P1000 to clear. I drive 46 miles a day for work so mine add up quick. Good luck with yours, I'm sure you just need a few more miles.

2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
    Tuned by Extreme Performance
    Adj UCA & LCA's, CAI
    18x9 18x10, 265/45/18 + 295/45/18
    Concept hood
    JBA LT's, Pypes HF cats, 2nd rev. Flowmasters
    MGW short throw.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTANGT View Post
    I just went through this on Monday. My 2007 takes 150 miles on the mark to complete the cycles for P1000 to clear. I drive 46 miles a day for work so mine add up quick. Good luck with yours, I'm sure you just need a few more miles.
    I did some research and in the owners guide it says-

1. Turn on car let idle to running temp.
    2. Turn on a/c for at least 1 min
    3. Drive for at least 10 miles.

I don't feel comfortable doing just that so I'm going to do that and circle the santan to the 101 to the 60 to the 10 like 4 or 5 times. I only drive like 6 miles a day so if its 150 miles maybe I should do the chandler 500. My tagsare due the 28th.....

So just got back from round two. None of the stuff was either not ready or not supported. I am going to call diablosport so they can help me out. Now I can't just go back and retest. I have to call the county and either go down there or have a mechanic call them and say its ok. Yipee

Platinum Award 
    I had this on mine. Found out on the aftermarket tune the secondary o2 sensors are disabled . Downloaded another tune from the guys at AZ Dyno Chip. Drove straight to emissions(2 miles), ran and passed ok.

So after loading the tune you didn't have to do a drive cycle? I got new tunes from bama. 150 dollars ugh... But I do not see the P1000 code and I was wondering if it would be there if I needed to do the cycle.

if the p1000 isn't showing.. then its has passed the drive cycle.. just make sure its not there, and smog the biatch
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

Platinum Award 
    No I didnt do the drive cycle,as the tune "closed the loop".Thats all their computer found,which registered as "not ready". I flashed back right after as i liked my original tune a bit better.(i have 3 different tunes stored on my SCT Tuner)