Thread: 2010 GT Build

2010 GT Build

I'm about two years late on this build. I was suppose to order the exact Mustang and buy all of the parts I wanted. Stack the parts in the living room and wait for the Mustang.

Well now I have had my 2010 GT for two years and I just recently collect a bunch of parts to fill my living room.

The parts list:
    Procharger HO Stage 2 Kit
    NGK 1 Step Colder Plugs
    JBA Long Tube Headers
    JBA Off-Road H-Pipe
    Bear DecelaRotors (Fornt and Rear...Drilled and Slotted)
    Hawk HPS Pads (Front and Rear)
    Allstar Breather Can
    AutoMeter Boost Gauge
    AutoMeter WideBand A/F Gauge
    2011 Califorina Special Lower Valance with Fog Lights
    2011 Boss Splitter
    Saleen Front Grill

Parts Still Waiting On:
    S.O.S Dual Gauge Pillar
    JBA o2 Extentions
    TPSMotorsports SS Brake Lines

Already started on the JBA header install. Pain in the ass, but I'm an expert at removing engine mounts and the started now.
    Already have a tune for the headers and some cash just in case the exhaust is too loud. I want it to sound good and kinda loud.
    I have the Roush Extreme exhaust now so it should have so bark to it. I plan on getting some axelbacks if I need to, maybe some Stingers.

Plan is to finish the exhaust next week along with the gauges and pod. Taking my time.
    I also have my wifes jeep I need to fix up also.

I'll add some pics and see if I can keep this thread going if there is any interest.

Any questions, suggestions welcomed....

I got the headers completely installed and ended up getting some 2010 GT500 stock mufflers to get it driveable. It was way too loud and trumpeted alot. Sounds good now but the gas smell is very bad and stilll has some trumpeting in the rpm. I ordered the JBA catted H-Pipe, so that should help with both issues. Think the heavy gas smell is the Bama tune that is on it. I have a felling when you tell them it has some pinging they add fuel instead of pulling some timing as I requested. I'll have to hook up my wideband to check it.

I also installed the Saleen grill. IMO this part is a piece of shit...haha. I had to trim alot of the sloppy casting off and the clips that hold it on are junk. But it looks nice once it is on.

I also installed the 2011 GT California Special Lower Fascia and Boss Splitter.
    Install was easy being a factory part, plug and play pretty much. Gives the car a whole new look.

I wasn't going to install the lower fascia, I was just test fitting it to see how much I was suppose to trim for the Procharger intercooler. Turns out Procharger doesn't make a Stage 2 kit for the 2010 GT so I have to exchange parts for the HO kit, which I'm perfectly fine with.

So now I'm at a stand still until I get the Procharger parts, JBA catted h-pipe and some brake line clips for the SS brake lines...(wrong ones were sent).

Looks really good!!!

That grill looks great!

If you're wondering about the tune you can take it over to ProDyno by the airport and get 3 or 4 pulls with AFR for 75 bucks.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Thanks. I'm ordering another tune from Bama for the catted h-pipe. I'll have the wideband installed at the same time to check AFR.
    I'll be on Extreme's dyno for a baseline before the Procharger install.

I'll be taking pics and wrapping up the parts needed to go back to Procharger for exchange this weekend.
    I'll post the up to show the differences.

Got the JBA Catted H-Pipe installed. I had to have a bung welded in for the Autometer wideband.
    Just finished getting the wideband working. I think I checked every wire in the car before I found the ONLY switched 12v. Ended up being a unused harness I think is needed for the automatics.

I also ended up sending the entire Procharger kit back. Originally just needed the intercooler and all piping, but the supercharger needed to go back also so they could swap the pulley. So now I'm having the bracket, supercharger and inlet polished.

I just need to do my brakes when I get the brackets for the SS lines.

Thinking about getting some powder coated valve covers, or I might just paint them.

Car sounds great and has alot of power from the headers. I might put the Roush axlebacks on to see how it sounds as the cats really made a huge difference in getting rid of the trumpeting.

Been installing the Procharger very slowly over the last month and half. Had the Procharger piping and valve covers powder coated. I also decided to trash the add-a-pump that comes with the Procharger and order the 2010 GT500 Dual Pump kit.
    The GT500 Dual pump is the last part I'm waiting on and should be here tomorrow.

Piping was a tight fit, but no issues so far. I plan on getting the fuel pump installed Friday/Saturday and see about getting it tuned next week.

Wanted blue to break up and stand out.

Herb