Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got some times today! :)

Finally got some times today! :)

It was opening day test and tune at Lebanon Valley Dragway in East Nassau, NY today and I got 6 runs in, 5 decent, one disaster with street tires.

The disaster was that I spun the street tires 1/2 way down the track and gave up, ran 20 seconds plus. :)

But then the Mickey Thompson ET radials went on and things started looking much brighter.

This is a totally stock 2012 GT Premium 5.0 automatic, no mods, no tune, nothing but the ET radials. Here are the runs:

1st Run: 13.08 @106.23 MPH 1.997 60
    2nd Run: 13.15 @102.58 MPH 2.041 60
    3rd Run: 13.06 @109.68 MPH 1.981 60
    4th Run: 13.03 @106.52 MPH 1.991 60
    5th Run: 13.05 @107.84 MPH 1.990 60

A couple of shaky videos. Pardon the language, my employees can be very ghetto sometimes. lol

And my Traction Control issue, on my 1st run with ET Radials:

Twas a great day! Can't wait for next week. Summit ET Points series starts here. I'm gonna win me a trip to Pamona this year. :)

Nice times.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Nice, congrats!!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

nice looked like you were having fun and your boys were too

Thanks all!

Aside from the 13.15, I had 4 times within 5 hundredths of a second of each other. I think that's pretty consistent. The 13.15, I was trying to squeeze a few hundred extra RPMs on the launch and the car started to creep. I had to back down and was late and slow starting. Still beat the Camaro though, thank goodness.

Now, without modifying the car at all, does anyone have any suggestions for getting it into the 12s?

Just master your driving. There's a stock one here with street tires that's gone 12.7 with only like 300 miles on it.
    2004 SVT Cobra, C&L, Pypes, SLP, B&M, Steeda, conservative 483rwhp @ 12.6 psi

All of my runs were letting the car do all the work. Put it in D, punch it and let her do her thing.

It is remarkably consistent, I think, running it that way. Five runs with an extreme spread of 5 hundredths? What's not to love.

But I guess if I want faster times I'm going to have to maybe stretch the shift points out, or shorten them up a bit, shifting manually? But then I will be giving up some of the consistency.

Oh the trials and tribulations...

you can set the shift points in your tune
    so you can leave it in drive and just run

I haven't done anything with any tuning yet. I've been worried about screwing with the warranty, and found out that Ford Racing sells a pack, with a K&N air filter, mufflers, and a Ford Racing tune. I ordered one of those and will have it installed at my dealer. That is the only tune that Ford will warranty. Any others, if possibly the cause of trouble, will void warranty.

My master plan is to race for the next five years and not spend a single penny on a broken part, using my Ford dealer as my crew and "sponsor".

Cold and overcast today at Lebanon Valley Dragway, in NY, but my car liked it. All 4 runs in high 12s, with best a 12.87 at 108MPH.