Thread: MGW Shifter Installer

MGW Shifter Installer

I'd like to get a MGW shifter for my 2012 M82. Can anyone recommend a shop that could do a quality install for a reasonable price?

http://mustang.growingwithscience.info/Steves_66_Mustang/Welcome.html
    Daily Driver: 2012 V6 MCA Edition with Performance Package in Performance White

Lots of positive chatter about the MGW on the Boss Registery. MGW has a video you can watch at their site for installation, looks simple. Have you had shifting issues? So far the Boss has been OK (750 miles) but I did get the Steeda Shift Mount Bracket. Waiting for a WWM tech day to get on a lift and install it. The opinion of most is to update the shifter befor any track action to protect the transmission. Shifter and/or mount are wise moves. As for who to install, don't know, but I would most likely do it my self. As a note, some like the Steeda shifter, Hurst also makes one and there are probably a few others out there.

RACER00

Thanks Rick - and nice car BTW. Love the color and graphic. I've actually had a few people do a double-take on my white V6 with the MCA stripe - almost backwards of the Boss stripe. I can dream

Anyway, I did watch the video - several times - and it looks very doable in the home garage. I just have this bad feeling that I will get halfway and then get stuck and then what! I have not had any trouble with the stock shifter on the M82, but it has a really annoying and ambiguous feel, especially one to two and four to five and five to six. I don't race the car and probably never will, but I still like to run through the gears quickly and you just can't do that with the stock set-up. The reason I like the MGW is that they replace the whole unit top and bottom. Maybe I am susceptible to marketing in the video, but when they compare the design of the stock unit to their's it just seems to make perfect sense.

http://mustang.growingwithscience.info/Steves_66_Mustang/Welcome.html
    Daily Driver: 2012 V6 MCA Edition with Performance Package in Performance White