Thread: New member from Phoenix, AZ - 2011 Mustang GT

New member from Phoenix, AZ - 2011 Mustang GT

Hi. I'm Paul and I'm new here. I've had lots and lots of Mustangs over the years, and I'm here with my most recent.

This is my 2011 Mustang GT Premium. I bought it about a week and a half ago. It's got a little over 4,000 miles on it. It came with:
    - Brembos
    - 3.73s
    - Nav/Sync
    - Glass Roof
    - Comfort Package (heated seats and such)
    - HIDs
    - Body package (louvers, hood scoop, side scoops, wing, stripes)

It came with every factory option except the Shaker 1500. Here's a few pics from when I bought it:

This last weekend I deleted the stripes, side scoops, and louvers. I also installed GT/CS front and rear lower valances, and a Saleen grille. Here are pics from after the install. Also, I had the car professionally detailed so it's super shiny now. :)

I also went to the track last Friday night to see what I could do in 100% factory stock form. The car is definitely a challenge to launch, and the wheel hop is horrible. Factory 19's with 255 Pirellis.

1st Pass - 14.0 @ 106, 2.4 60'
    2nd Pass - 13.9 @ 108, 2.3 60'

Third time's a charm...

13.282 @ 110.04 mph. 2.184 mph

My buddy Trent and I made a total of 12 runs that night mostly in the 13.7 @ 107-8 range, but Trent was unable to best my third pass. He made more passes than I did in fact. The car wheel hops like CRAZY in second gear, and third, and spins the tires in fourth. In fact, depending on how the pass goes, I actually hit the limiter in fourth a couple times just as I was going through the traps.

Pretty sure this guy beat me.

I was able to run quicker than another blown '11 GT and a '11 GT500. At the end of the day, I had an absolute BLAST. It was so fun to race again, and the fact that this thing went low 13s at 110 mph right outta the gate is pretty awesome. Then my GF and rolled home in air conditioned silence and comfort whilst getting 23 mpg on the freeway.

I love this car.

Paul.

Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Good passes for a stock car!

If you want to get rid of that wheel hop all you need is a Roush Stop-the-hop UCA and mount. Everybody replaces the LCAs but they ain't the problem. The upper is a tird and has a giant marshmallow for a bushing. No hop or NVH out of the Roush.

Stock on the left, Roush on the right.

2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Platinum Award 
    Welcome and glad you got those white stripes off the car... They didnt look right with the black accents! Its lookin very mean now!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Looks good! Good pass, work on that short time and you'll be in the 12s for sure. Whats up with that notch I see in the garage? ;)
    2004 SVT Cobra, C&L, Pypes, SLP, B&M, Steeda, conservative 483rwhp @ 12.6 psi

Thanks all. My next planned mods are shocks, struts, Ford "P" springs, wheels, tires, and I think I'm going to get that UCA from Roush as well. Since my primary purpose for the car is just to cruise around and enjoy, I don't want to absolutely kill the ride quality.

Quote Originally Posted by brentsSVT View Post
    Whats up with that notch I see in the garage? ;)
    That's my '89 coupe. It's a bit of a disaster, and will replace or already have replaced pretty much every part on the car. Seriously. Every. Part.

It's been mini-tubbed and has the all-solid outlaw rear suspension setup from Team Z so it's going to suck to drive on the street. It's been a project in process for a long time, so I bought the '11 to finally have something fun to drive instead of just working on that POS all the time.

Paul.