Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spending money on mods without letting the wife know.

Gold Award 

Spending money on mods without letting the wife know.

Who's guilty LOL! I just bought a nice Dyno tune adjustable bottle heater and a couple different nasty jets.

LOL nice..
    no wife yet so no worry here..
    98 Mustang Cobra # 3823
    13.59@ 101.91MPH
    261 RWHP 267 RWTQ

Gold Award 
    I envy you!

I'm getting an intercooler she doesn't know about yet. :shock:
    00 Atlantic Blue GT, Vortech Supercharged, 03 Cobra IRS, Griggs GR40 front suspension.
    11.66 @ 116 and 1.03 lateral g's

Gold Award 
    Good for you. I bet I don't know about over 90% of the shit she buys. Granted they dont cost as much, but they sure as hell are more frequent.

Gold Award 
    I just tell her I spend half of what I really spend. She never has asked once about what I spend, but I tell her about some of the things I buy just so she is "included" (i.e. emotional bullshit).

I never really tell her anywhere near what it is so she can't keep bullets in her back pocket for later. Not that she could, I spent more on Jewelry for her this year than I have on my car.

I guess it's just a different way of lying..

EDIT: Hey Gene, since you're buying parts are you still sellin the car?

I actually can't complain about my wife, she's pretty good about understanding that this is my hobby. Besides, as I found last summer, blown cars in AZ need intercoolers.
    00 Atlantic Blue GT, Vortech Supercharged, 03 Cobra IRS, Griggs GR40 front suspension.
    11.66 @ 116 and 1.03 lateral g's

Gold Award 
    I dont know man, I sure would miss the crowd we were hanging out with yesterday. After seeing all the bad ass cobras, it will be hard to part with it. I know if I sold it, I'd regret it and probably end up buying another with more money out of pocket. So no, I'll keep it. If i sold it, Dan would have all the fun. There's no way in hell I'm letting him think that he has the fastest supercharged cobra in AZ :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    I dont know man, I sure would miss the crowd we were hanging out with yesterday. After seeing all the bad ass cobras, it will be hard to part with it. I know if I sold it, I'd regret it and probably end up buying another with more money out of pocket. So no, I'll keep it. If i sold it, Dan would have all the fun. There's no way in hell I'm letting him think that he has the fastest supercharged cobra in AZ :lol:

hahaha Hey wait till you see it on good gas and a 100 shot. Its ok Gene I wouldnt want you to sell your car. I always need some one to troll around with. atlease you will have a new found respect for the all mighty stock eaton lol

Gold Award 
    Dan, I respect everyones car. Your car no doubt moves. I was impressed. I think it has something to do with the Dr. Gas X-pipe. I need one, hook it up! Next time, 3 honks, full bottles, no passengers that weigh over 3 hundo (sorry Ethan LOL!) and the wiener buys the loser a beer out of pity.