Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJE modular k member and A-arms

AJE modular k member and A-arms

Hey fellas, i thought i was going to get lucky in using my 99-04 mod motor AJE k member and A arms on the Mont.. Fail.. I'm sure i can make it fit, but with the time spent on cutting and welding i would rather just sell it.. this is off a 12K mile 03 mach1.

looking for 400 for the K and the A-arms..

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

Is it safe to assume this would fit an 02 GT with no problem?

Mods provided by Baer, B&M, C&L, DiabloSport, Eibach, Flowmaster, FRPP, HRE, Kenny Brown, Lakewood, MAC, MM, Steeda, UMI & UPR and no issues with Traction . . Just a GT with a 4R70W for now

That is correct.. No issues with the mach..just the mont
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

-Wade

Hmmm because I've been looking to lose some weight up front so if it'll fit with my lakewood drag stuts then I'm interested ... I get paid friday so if you still have them then I may have to jump on that.

Mods provided by Baer, B&M, C&L, DiabloSport, Eibach, Flowmaster, FRPP, HRE, Kenny Brown, Lakewood, MAC, MM, Steeda, UMI & UPR and no issues with Traction . . Just a GT with a 4R70W for now

the lakewoods will work with the k member.. but your going to need a coil over set to make it work..even more weight savings..I used to run a set of D&D coil overs with the tokico 5s, but sold them a while ago..
    -Gerald Ford

-Wade

coilovers? ... What'll work well with Lakewood 90/10's?

I have only used the d&d brand.. But I don't like them. Maximum motorsport guarantees no noise with theirs.. But they dont make them for the lakewoods... Meaning, in a anal retentive world, you want the coil over to fit snug over the body of the strut. Then there is also the theory of using springs that are longer than 10 inches.. Most "drag" coil over springs are 14 inch long.. Supposedly causing the spring to buckle in the middle and rub up against the body of the strut..With all that said, there are gobs of peeps running around with upr and qa1 brand coilOs...those maybe a good fit for the lakewoods.. I dunno

Does it matter that my drag springs are cut a coil and a half up front?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaGT View Post
    Does it matter that my drag springs are cut a coil and a half up front?
    Coilover springs are smaller and narrower so you won't be able to use your old springs.
    2000 Lightning - 13.57@103
    2003 Cobra - 11.94@116

Ah ok, this is good to know. Never done a k-member swap before.