Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any tuners near San Tan Valley familiar with Diablosport Predator? ...

Any tuners near San Tan Valley familiar with Diablosport Predator? ...

Need help to disable my PATS in my car to see if I can finally start it again. I'm not too familiar with this tuner and don't want to risk screwing anything up but I just want to export my tune from my tuner to PC so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaGT View Post
    Need help to disable my PATS in my car to see if I can finally start it again. I'm not too familiar with this tuner and don't want to risk screwing anything up but I just want to export my tune from my tuner to PC so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    the tuner sould not efect the pats so you dont need to disable it when it was runing without tune it should start with the tune loadet into the car and start right up when not you have other issues

Quote Originally Posted by 03cobrazzz View Post
    the tuner sould not efect the pats so you dont need to disable it when it was runing without tune it should start with the tune loadet into the car and start right up when not you have other issues
    That's what Diablosport told me they could do, the tool and cluster have both read PATS codes and everything that was affected when the car died has been replaced so I'm not sure what else could be an issue that's preventing the car from starting.

Mods provided by Baer, B&M, C&L, DiabloSport, Eibach, Flowmaster, FRPP, HRE, Kenny Brown, Lakewood, MAC, MM, Steeda, UMI & UPR and no issues with Traction . . Just a GT with a 4R70W for now

whats the back ground on the car?
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

Car went down last August, battery was being drained, alternator eventually gave out. I replaced the alt. and the first night back out the car was acting sluggish so I left it at a friends house for a few hours while the g/f and I went out. Started it up to take it home and the first light we got to the car shut off and it did two more times before it died for good. It wouldn't even jump, battery completely drained again, recharged battery and managed to get the car to finally turn over but car shut of immediately after and now won't start at all and my Diablo reads P1260 (Theft Detected, Vehicle Immobilized) and my cluster read dtc 9602 which is also PATS related from what I've read but 2 different dealers disregarded what I told them about it and just simply told me that I need a new engine.

San Tan Ford said they couldn't manually turn my crank pulley which is b.s. and the car read no codes yet when I went to pick up the car I tried to show them the codes but no one would come out to the car to look plus I could turn the pulley myself with a breaker bar. Took it to Robert Horne Ford, they could turn the pulley but didn't see any codes but managed to get the car to turn over with a new battery before it shut off again and from what they saw before doing any other looking brought them to the conclusion that I need a new motor which was my fault for even mentioning what STF said about that because it left me in a position for them to simply agree with the other dealer without further looking into it. The engine has not been broken down for internal inspection to determine that my motor is seized.

Next came the idea to have a new key made or reprogrammed to follow the PATS theory, lock smith came out, said the key is fine because the theft light blinks rapidly and that his guess was the starter. Not sure how he came to that conclusion but luckily I had an extra starter and swaped them to find no change and both starters were tested and are in good shape. Where do I go next and is there a shop near me that I can tow the car to to diagnose the car that won't rape me on charges and other fees? ... Sorry for the essay but that's pretty much the jist of it.

Mods provided by Baer, B&M, C&L, DiabloSport, Eibach, Flowmaster, FRPP, HRE, Kenny Brown, Lakewood, MAC, MM, Steeda, UMI & UPR and no issues with Traction . . Just a GT with a 4R70W for now

if the pats light blinks say two blinks a second.. Then its in theft mode.. I can take alook at it.. But your looking at 150 for me to go up there to diagnose it. I have the factory ford scan tool.. If you tow it closer to me than I can go lower.. But It would either be to my house or the shop in goodyear..With the scan tool you can see whether the transponder, cluster and pcm are communicating and if the pcm has enabled the engine to start..
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
    -Gerald Ford

Nawww Dude.. I ate a whole pizza...
    -Wade

How soon, where are you located, and the 150 covers your gas/time/diagnoses?

I am in San Tan Valley - if you can't get that running in the next few weeks (I'll be out of town until then) I can quite likely help you with it.

If the Theft light is blinking rapidly without stopping, the PCM doesn't recognize the key as one that has been programmed to start the car. If the light blinks several times and then goes off, the key has passed the PATS verification test and all else aside, the starter should engage. If the light goes off after a few flashes, yet the starter is not engaging, you have another issue entirely.

In your vehicle, PATS does not allow the starter to engage when it hasn't verified that a valid key is in the ignition. If the starter turns over and the engine doesn't start, I would begin with testing for fuel pressure at the rail and verifying that injectors aren't gummed up. This happens when a vehicle sits for a long period of time and can result in a hard to diagnose crank-no-start condition.

Which one of these are you experiencing?

I would like to get this thing back on the road by 6/16 if possible so whatever I gotta do I'll do but if I have to wait then so be it. The theft light blinks without stopping, could the need for a new fuel filter affect the pressure enough to be contributing to this issue because I know I need to replace the filter? I found this out a week or so before it died.
    Last edited by JustaGT; 06-03-12 at 10:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaGT View Post
    I would like to get this thing back on the road by 6/16 if possible so whatever I gotta do I'll do but if I have to wait then so be it. The theft light blinks without stopping, could the need for a new fuel filter affect the pressure enough to be contributing to this issue because I know I need to replace the filter? I found this out a week or so before it died.
    I'm ignoring the fact that you previously said the dealer was able to get the vehicle to crank, since the current issue is going to prevent cranking in any case. If the dealer tech ignored a flashing PATS light and got it to crank by applying 12v to the starter terminals, he shouldn't be diagnosing these types of issues.

Since the theft light blinks without stopping, you need to re-program the PATS system to recognize a key. This can be done with a Ford NGS scan tool, or the new IDS software, or some versions of AutoEnginuity, although I've had problems with that software and PATS functions before.

The fastest way to get this step accomplished Today is to call a locksmith who has a Ford scan tool. They are able to erase the keys that are currently programmed and program new keys. The only caveat is that you absolutely must have two keys. If you don't, you can take a copy of your registration / title to a dealer, and they will be able to sell you keys that are coded to the VIN. Some locksmiths will supply and cut a PATS key on site, but it may cost more than the dealer will charge.

If the locksmith doesn't comprehend the fact that he has to wait 10 minutes for the PATS function set to become available, find another locksmith.

I'm all for supporting individuals / small businesses rather than large chains, so I'd suggest you have SloSVO bring his scan tool out and program your keys. Keep in mind you may have further issues, but you must correct the obvious ones first.

Your fuel filter has no effect on your PCM, which controls the PATS functionality, which is currently preventing your vehicle from cranking. You may have a clogged filter, causing other issues, and if it's been over a year or 20,000 miles, feel free to change it for good measure.

Let me know what happens after you have two keys programmed.