Thread: dynocomp vs extreme performance

dynocomp vs extreme performance

So I'm doing a 2.4 KB with e85 on my 03. Wondering who is better for tuning this setup. Extreme or dynocomp?

Saw your post on SVTP, so Devin is tuning again?
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

Ok I am going to try and be as unbiased as possible about your question. I have lived in Phoenix most of my adult life and I know Dyno Comp has been here a long time. I have heard very good things about them and have talked to the shop about tuning prior to finding Extreme. I think his name might have been Dave. He was friendly, but like most shops I call and ask questions they either seem to talk over you or down to you. Asking simple questions seemed to bother him, but not knowing exactly what everything meant for what I was doing that was all I could do. I have found this to be true with many shops I talk to. I found Extreme just as they were opening and they were looking for new business so they gave me some good pricing on doing my Vortech install. I first wanted cams so I emailed the shop and Marty responded very quickly with very detailed information on what it would take and cost involved. Not many shops if any would do this for me. We talked about this for about a week before I pulled the trigger on the Vortech. Marty even offered for me to come down to the shop and check it out before I decided which I did. This was never offered from any other shop I talked too. I was one of the first cars they did work on and have always gone back. It has been over 2 years and 30,000 miles later with not one hiccup on the tune or install. I have gone back many times for other things also. He has had some turn around at the shop which is to be expected in this industry, but his crew is straight. Marty is knowledgeable and friendly and will answer any question you have and explain everything in detail without making you feel stupid. Again, not trying to be biased just giving information in my case as compared to other shops I have dealt with. Give him a call talk to him personally and make the drive to check it out. You won’t be disappointed.

My car is getting tuned by Devin. That's the only person I trust to tune my car. I have talked to Marty awhile back before. He seems like he knows what he is talking about. Devin is tuning fulltime now.

Platinum Award 
    Where is devin tuning?

2011 Shelby GT 500
    Black/Black/Satin Black Stripes, Electronics Pkg, FRPP/BMR Suspension/Borla-Ford Racing Exhaust
    488rwhp/463rwtq bone stock
    Great Past Rides:
    2003 Mustang Cobra SVT Convertible- 302 Stroker & more- PSR Tuned, 2003 Mustang GT- Silver Coupe w/boltons
    1996 Mustang GT/SC- Paxton SC & Tons of Mods- SuperFord Mag Car, 1995 Mustang- Red w/boltons. 1968 Galaxie 500

Automotive Diagnostic Specialties in Chandler. Glad to see him back!! Looks like quite the facility
    04 Screaming Yellow Cobra 463rwhp/456tq
    74 Bronco 302/C4

I just had Extreme tune my car and it made 717 on winter grade E85 with a big 3.25 pulley on maxed out 80lb'rs. They were great to work with, and I couldnt be happier.
    03 Cobra 2.9 whipple, 80's, return fuel, E85 etc. 717rwhp 632 tq

Nice numbers...Take that thing out to the pavs!! I'm going to Devin to tune my Ported cobra soon