Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NMCA coming to Speedworld Sept. 21st-23rd

Will be there - always part of the events back in the midwest, the Chicago Superbowl NMRA vs NMCA event is massive and the highlight of the summer!!!
    I also have the same thought/worry about car turnout and have been trying to talk about the event on boards, facebook and get togethers for the last few months. Lots of initial interest but I think there needs to be more of a push to get the word out there! Just not sure who could/should be doing that (Tracks, Shops, Clubs, NMCA, local media...)???
    There are a lot of classes for the local guys to get in no matter what you run or ET BUT the big draw for spectators and fans alike are the BigDog low ET cars - really need to get the word out and get those guys on board. Besides fun and exposure - there is some big $'s to be had :)
    This event NEEDS to be a big deal - tons of fun plus good coverage in the mags and something for the locals to get competitive about!
    1996 Mystic Cobra #544

2003 PitchBlack SVT Focus

Sounds good I will see you out there!!

I will be there at least one of the 2 days. Probably spectating unfortunately... Or not...

Kicking around the idea of running True Street with the Shelby... It's an index class so I gotta slow down (I'd hope) to a 13.0 or bust ass next week and get mods (I'm gonna get them anyway) to shoot for 12.0 hotlapping in the heat.

Or... bracket race the wife's car (stock 08 GT vert).

Shit. I wish this was a few weeks later so I could get my car ready. These are really cool events and I hope to hell this one is well attended/supported.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Quote Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
    I will be there at least one of the 2 days. Probably spectating unfortunately... Or not...

Kicking around the idea of running True Street with the Shelby... It's an index class so I gotta slow down (I'd hope) to a 13.0 or bust ass next week and get mods (I'm gonna get them anyway) to shoot for 12.0 hotlapping in the heat.

Or... bracket race the wife's car (stock 08 GT vert).

Shit. I wish this was a few weeks later so I could get my car ready. These are really cool events and I hope to hell this one is well attended/supported.
    What mods you planning on doing to the Shelby? Can't wait to see them!!!

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Quote Originally Posted by 05mustangman View Post
    What mods you planning on doing to the Shelby? Can't wait to see them!!!
    Nothing crazy. Tune/Pulley/Heat exchanger, shifter, and set of DRs. Ordering it all this morning and if the planets line up I might have it all installed by next Saturday for this event.
    2012 GT500 543/533 11.7@120
    1995 5.0 minute or two per lap

Good deal!! See you out there!!

Platinum Award 
    I'll be there racing, can't wait!!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Just seen that Doughnut will be there this weekend. He is the photographer for magazines, so have your cars ready for pictures!!

Platinum Award 
    Yee Yeeeee
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

All Time and $ and other info here: http://www.nmcadigital.com/2012_even...ix_az_preview/

These events are HUGE back in the midwest & east coast ... Need to get racers, car show rides and spectators out so we can build this event in AZ :)

Racers in 10 classes, including the six-second 240 mph Garrett Turbo Pro Street cars, will vie for a prized Wally trophy, named for NHRA founder Wally Parks.
    Off the track, there will be plenty of activity to keep the most ardent race fan occupied. NMCA WEST will host a giant car show where 50 prizes will be given out each day. And because SpeedWord Dragstrip is in the backyard of many of the top performance parts companies, including Centerforce, Airaid, AMP, Baer Brake Systems and Hughes Performance, the manufacturers midway is sure to be chalk full of experts on hand to answer questions and sell the right product for the job. For those looking for that one-of-a-kind or hard-to-find part for their cars a swap meet is scheduled as well. Finally, anyone looking to get in a little time behind the wheel can enter NMCA WEST’s famous Burnout Contest. Spectators can sign up to participate and walk away with prizes and all-important bragging rights.
    There’s more than just racing action! In addition to all of the action that will take place on the quarter-mile, the NMCA will have a fantastic Car Show with many different awards that are presented each day of the show. ’49 Ford pickup with a blown 351? Or a ’66 GTO restored to 100-point concours quality? No matter what your flavor, there’s a place for you in the car show and a shot at the Best In Show award. Each event also features a large Manufacturer’s Midway where you can see and purchase parts from the hottest aftermarket manufacturers and experts from all of the major manufacturers on hand to answer your questions about how to make your Muscle Car or truck perform to your expectations.....
    1996 Mystic Cobra #544

2003 PitchBlack SVT Focus