Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double0Fox's build

Double0Fox's build

Hey guys. First off I want to say how much I miss somewhere where the sun actually works, and comes out from time to time. My name is Chris, currently living in Covington Washington outside Seattle. This is my 2000 GT. This car has been through all kinds of "Plans" over the years, but currently going to go back to a Tork Tech set up. I say go back becouse about 3 years ago I bought the Tork Tech kit, and later sold it cause I was thinking about going with a Turbo/Auto setup. While the car was down my family, and I moved to Washington(from Oregon), and I once again changed what I wanted to do to the car. So I am a picture kinda guy, and I will just post up a boat load of pics of stuff already done to the car, and give descriptions as I go.

So my first power adder was N2O, never got to take it to the track, but had a little fun with it here, and there. I got the idea to mount it in the fenderwell, and use the antenna as the purge.

Getting the 4:10's put in myself.

Off Road X

Single Ford Gt supercar pump going in.

When I first bought the Tork Tech kit.

Tearing into the stock 2V Longblock.

Getting the front drive belt assembly on. I have a ton of pics from the previous Tork Tech build, but since I am doing it again. I will save that fro the new one.

All done.

A few months later. My wife had a lapse in thinking strait, and told me I could build the engine. So......

At this point was hen I was thinking of building a Auto/Turbo car. So I bought forged internals @ 8.5 to 1 Compression(wish i had not done that), and a bunch more stuff.

Torque Box Reenforcments

Moving the battery to the trunk.

Axles, Carbon Fiber Diff, bearings.

Arp mains, and studs. New timing equipment.

Trickflow 44cc Heads.

Edelbrock Intake, and Cobra hat, and Pumps.

QA-1 K-Member, and UPR Coil Overs(crap)

2000 GT Vert / On jack stands.

Also got 125lb valve springs.

Sold the Cobra hat, and bought a Fore twin GT hat.

60lb Injectors, and Duel FPDM.

K-Member in.

Strange 10 Way adjustables.

Fore hat is sooooo beautiful. Such a shame you never see it.

Coil overs in.

FPDM's in. Unfinished in this pic.

Also bought a 6061.com Elbow for the Edelbrock, 75mm TB as well.

UPR Caster/Camber plates.

PMAS blow through for the 60's.

Engine block waiting for a trip to the machinist.

New seat.

Pistons.

Battery wiring in the trunk.

Getting there.

Mocked up. For those that wonder. I built it indoors, and rolled it out for pictures. I was working in a very small area, and couldn't stand far enough back for my camera to get it.

In the car.

At this point I was about to order most of the Turbo equipment when I got a job offer In Kent, WA. So as much as I wanted to finish my car. My family always comes first. So just like that the car was covered, and off to Washington I went. My wife followed me up 2 weeks later, and my car sat for a while. So I am sure I probably left a whole lot out, but I will pick up off with what I am currently doing to her.

Very nice build.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Platinum Award 
    Nice job!!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

Wow very impressive build!!!

2010 GT500 - Modded out the Wazoo. Tuned by Shelby American Motorsports. Las Vegas, NV.
    2003 Ford Lightning- Airaid intake, Bassani exhaust, Lakewood torsion bar, 2" drop shackels and a few more mods.

Giggity!!

Platinum Award 
    Nice!
    JENNABEARS Foundation
    www.jennabearsfoundation.org

Thanks guys I will be updating this pretty soon.

When I moved to Washington, it was suck a quick move we moved into an apartment. I never wanted to move back into a apartment, but you gotta do what you have to do sometimes. So while while my car sat outside in the rain. They didn't have covered parking spots, or garages. Well with the car being un-tuned all the way I didn't drive it at all till I was ready to get tuned. Well of course at this time my back convertible window decides it wants to start leaking. Now I always looked at the car to make sure no one hit it, or broke into it, but I never thought to look to make sure the back window was not leaking. so the top has some water damage, and the lower torque boxes inside the car were un-treated so they stated to rust.

Ok so fast forward to about 3 months ago, it's now in a garage not getting rained on and such, and it is time for me to resume. So before I fully decided how I want to continue the car “purpose wise” ie.. Blower, Turbo, NA street, or as much power as I can get till it breaks again, there are some things I know I want to attend to no matter what route I take. One of them is the interior color. Since this is something I see everyday, this would be paramount. When I first bought the car with its parchment interior color from Ford, I thought “This is alright”. Then everyday the dirt build up that I could see was driving me nuts. Plus it didn't match the rest of the car style wise in my opinion. So I have decided to change it over to the Charcoal color interior. At this time I wanted to re-route the trunk mounted battery cables as well. Also I am going to be spraying the floor boards with a anti heat/sound/corrosion spray. Here are a few pics of the stock interior. Don't mind the mess.

I knew right away once I put the Corbeau seat in that something had to be done. I knew the big pain was going to be changing the dash out. So that was the first thing I bought. You would not believe me if I told you how many little pieces have to be changed that you don’t think about inside the car. One small difference from the stock Charcoal colored cars is I am going with a new Black carpet. Unlike the charcoal colored cars I think it will look a little better, since I think the charcoal carpet already looks “worn” due to the color. Here is a pick of when I had the dash out of the car. It had 36 connections attached to the back. That’s just electrical, and vacuum connections. Not the hardware that holds it in. It comes out in two stages. Bolts first, and then you have to gently pry it forward, while you contort yourself under the dash to the back to remove the electrical connections.
    Sorry for the kinda blurry pics.

And here is the old dash out of the car. Actually quite heavier than you would think. They have a nice large metal cross member behind it.

Starting on the Charcoal dash.

You can already see the difference the Charcoal color makes against the Parchment door.

So even after all that, I started work on the engine bay. I removed the wiring harness, all of the upper intake down to the heads. Front accessories, and timing cover. Next I managed to remove both heads from the car, soak the floor in anti freeze(wonder if any cats are thirsty?), remove all the front timing components, and drop the exhaust. here is just a few pick along the way.