Thread: question on check engine light

Question question on check engine light

i have a 03 cobra i know have a T/B and plenum, cold air intake cat back and i just installed a on road x pipe and the Check engine light came on 2 days later...... i just had the code read done and autozone said the catalist limit or something this not normal. what is happening here do i need to get the rear o2s deleted in the PCM?

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    i have a 03 cobra i know have a T/B and plenum, cold air intake cat back and i just installed a on road x pipe and the Check engine light came on 2 days later...... i just had the code read done and autozone said the catalist limit or something this not normal. what is happening here do i need to get the rear o2s deleted in the PCM?

yes you need the rear o2s off. you said ON road so im guessing you have a bassani or magnaflow catted x or something like that. get the rears shut off and youll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucafu1 View Post
    yes you need the rear o2s off. you said ON road so im guessing you have a bassani or magnaflow catted x or something like that. get the rears shut off and youll be good.
    +1......

Who do you use for a tuner? I have mine turned off and I still have the factory h-pipe. Who ever tunes your car, can turn them off in a blink of an eye.
    PJ
    2003 Mineral Grey Cobra

The above suggestions are probably correct, but if turning off the rears doesn't work, check for an exhaust leak. Even a minor one can cause weird things to happen. The gasket on the passenger side is prone to leaking.

Dan

Gold Award 
    hmm...i have a bassani on road x, and i have no issue with a cel....am i just lucky, or did my awesome tuner just shut it off? i never drove the car with it on before it got tuned, so...i dunno....

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile