Thread: Need help! My starter keeps starting with key off.

Hybrid View

Need help! My starter keeps starting with key off.

Can anyone help? My 65 stang, 289/c4 auto will keep trying to start even when I turn the key off. The only way to stop it is to pull the hot wire off of the battery.I'm at a loss. I replaced 3 starters, 4 relays, an ignition, all the ground and hot wires from alternator and starter, and I am on a 2nd engine because the last one blew. I am considering a new wiring harness. Anyone had this happen or have input? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by keithrith View Post
    Can anyone help? My 65 stang, 289/c4 auto will keep trying to start even when I turn the key off. The only way to stop it is to pull the hot wire off of the battery.I'm at a loss. I replaced 3 starters, 4 relays, an ignition, all the ground and hot wires from alternator and starter, and I am on a 2nd engine because the last one blew. I am considering a new wiring harness. Anyone had this happen or have input? Any help would be appreciated.
    That's a weird one. You have to really test the system. You are getting power to the circuit from somewhere. Did you test the circuit from the key mechanism? Test the circuit from on end to the other.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5