Thread: Possible IRS Issue

Hybrid View

Possible IRS Issue

**** me, I was getting a sound clip of the exhaust just now and I noticed fluid on the exhaust right were the pumpkin is and a little spot on the driveway. Haven't lifted it up yet to inspect it, hopefully it's nothing big and I can make it home. Ryan, remember last night when I told you wheelhop kills shit, well....
    -Michael Rudolph-
    Redfire 2003 Cobra
    11.30 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Gold Award 
    Put it back up on stands and look for a crack. There is actually a TSB for a lack luster gasket seal job, so hopefully thats your problem (mine was replaced under warraqnty when I still had the POS IRS).

Damnit Mike! Im gonna get Gene and James together friday evening and I was hoping you would join. If I remember right, you wanted to see Gene's car also. Get that thing fixed! Will a local ford dealer fix it being that you live in Cali?

Ryan
    Future 2008 Shelby GT 500 owner

2005 Mustang GT-318rwhp
    JLT Intake, Pullies, axleback, SCT w/ bamachips 93 octane race tune.--Gone

2005 Chevy Tahoe-5.3L 295hp

Gold Award 
    one more possiblity. There is an air vent (looks like a vacuum hose coming out of the top of the pumpkin. Maybe it spewd some diff fluid out.

I'll see if I can get it on a lift tomorrow where my dad works to check it out, I crawled underneith the best I could and the right pipe where it passes by the center section is slightly damp but I don't see fluid everywhere and it just left a small spot on the driveway. I know it's been leaking (like looks damp, not a steady drip) for a while now so hopefully it's what Gene is saying. It seemed fine on the ride hope last night, just had me worried there for a sec, I should know more tomorrow.

EDIT:
    Yeah, I'll make it out friday regardless, I wanna check out Gene's car while I'm out here. If it does turn out I hurt the Cobra I'll roll out in the SS.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    Redfire 2003 Cobra

if your on the west side call me we can put it up on the lift for you and fix the leak if there is one

Took the car over where my dad works today to change the oil and check out the rear. Turns out it was just a leak from the bottom of the cover. The bolts were slightly loose on the rear cover as well so I tightened them up. It took about a half a quart of fluid to top it off. Should be good to go until I decide to pull it to do MJ's brace. Sorry for the false alarm, just sorta scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    if your on the west side call me we can put it up on the lift for you and fix the leak if there is one
    Thanks for the offer Dan.
    -Michael Rudolph-
    Redfire 2003 Cobra

no problem we are going to half to meet up some time I am on the west side of town