Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New LX

I put a T66 turbo on my fox and it can keep up with the hondas now...lol:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by swirl View Post
    I put a T66 turbo on my fox and it can keep up with the hondas now...lol:lol:
    Turbo up the boost some more.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Performance mods

Welcometo the forums. I am new to the site as well. I am offering the below information as a fellow fox body owner. 1992 gt to be exact. I have run several combinations in my own car and I offer advice from experience, not opinion.

It's easy to say supercharge it and turbo it. The fact of the matter is that there is a lot more to supercharging and turbocharging than just bolting parts on. I don't know what your budget is, but I would invest in a new set of heads, 24# injectors with matching mass air and 70 mm throttle body, higher flow upper and lower intake manifolds and some high flow exhaust components. These upgrades focus on torque numbers and the 5.0. engine responds really well to added flow.

Don't neglect the brakes or cooling system either. Install a good clutch and your tremec will live for quite a while. If you really want to perform at the strip, invest in a top notch AOD and 2800-3000 stall converter like those built and sold at Lentech. You will have dead accurate shifts and lightning fast torque transfer.

Ditch the underdrive pulleys! I say that because they hurt your cooling and charging efficiency and you see 6-7 horsepower to the flywheel at 6000 rpm. When it comes to cooling, the flex-a-lite fan will bite you in the butt when you add more power. It pulls aroune 2000 cfm and you will definately need around 4000 cfm. Check into a lincoln mark 8 fan and visit www.centech.com for a really easy to install dual relay. These things work flawlessly.

The truth is that if you first concentrate on building a really efficient normally aspirated motor, bolting on a power adder will add more power. It will not take as much boost to add more horsepower. Concentrate on efficiency rather than bling.

I am more than willing to share thoughts and personal experiences with you. I have plenty of DOH moments that have taught me what works and what does'nt.

Quote Originally Posted by 1SLO50 View Post
    When it comes to cooling, the flex-a-lite fan will bite you in the butt when you add more power. It pulls aroune 2000 cfm and you will definately need around 4000 cfm. Check into a lincoln mark 8 fan and visit www.centech.com for a really easy to install dual relay. These things work flawlessly.
    Just a quick note. Depends on which Flex-a-lite you are running. The 165 pulls 2800 CFM(I don't recommend it) the Flex-a-Lite Blackmagic Xtreme (part #185) however pulls 3300 CFM. It's what I run with a FRP 3 core aluminum rad. and 180 degree Thermostat and cooling isn't an issue. Also it's very recommended you update to the 130amp 3G alternator if you go electric fan(s).
    The Pony Car Wars are over... The Mustang Won