Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In need of a dyno tune...

Dan

What software do you use for tuning?

Whats the cost of tuning alone?

Whats the apprx time the dyno will be ready?

Zach

Quote Originally Posted by NVMYHP
    Dan

What software do you use for tuning?

Whats the cost of tuning alone?

Whats the apprx time the dyno will be ready?

Zach
    1. SCT

2. It will go by the hour if you are buying your own softwear

3. When dyno jet is done building it that is what i am waiting for as well ............... i want to stick my turbos on my red car and my Kb on my car but will not do this unless ihave a dyno to retune it

Gold Award 
    Bottom line, I've never been on a dyno after my headers and nitrous. All of my tuning has been data logged and sent via email to RWTD (virtual dyno). I would rather tune my car on the street in real world applications than tune on a dyno. Unless that dyno is a DynoJet 224xLC (incorporates the Eddy Current Load Absorption System). My car is retarded, lots of people can vouch for that. Bottom line, I bet Dans dyno and tuner are top notch, so if you can wait, Dans your man! Plus, dyno numbers dont mean shit, all a dyno is good for is tuning. You should invest in a wideband any way even if you do get tuned by Dan. You can still go lean you know regardless of who tunes it. If I go above 12.0:1 in WOT, my DJWBC blasts a red warning light in my face telling me to get out of it. The warning light is adjustable and you can always see your a/f via the guage.

Wow

Dan did I somehow offend you. I never said your didn't know your shit or question your skills. I was just stating my opinion.

For what its worth this is my 6th mustang and I have been working on them since my 1990 LX I paid someone 2 times to do work over the years once on the LX to weld the rear torque boxes and to have my subs on the cobra welded I am not a seasoned pro like you, but I am not a moron either. This is my 3rd blown car and I have yet to blow a motor, head gasket or hurt anything. I have seen tons of people blow up supercharged cars over the years. I take my tuning seriously just like you do.
    Last edited by BurnTire; 06-03-06 at 12:51 AM.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Dan

I will be swinging by tomorrow the 3rd to check out the shop. I will be getting my car either Sunday or Monday.... What is the best time to swing by? I wanted to talk to you about my intentions for the future.

Gold Award 
    Good reply Dan. What you also need to note is that there are so many variables that can cause a lean condition, i.e. MAF above 5.0 volts in WOT, FPDC maxed out at WOT, beating on it in the summer, clogged fuel filter or injector, bad gas, etc. Anything can happen, thats why these things need to be logged on the street. I log for FPDC, maf transfer function, a/f, timing, short and long fuel trim 1&2 and short fuel trim 1&2 both cruzing , at idle, and at WOT.

so very true