Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Resonator box and air silencer?

Jlt Huh? I'll give them a look. By the way do either of you guys know what to do about pulley noise? My Dad and I washed the engine with Black Magic and now the pulleys make a whirring noise. Most specifically the alternator pulley. they haven't seemed to have affected how my car drives but i absolutely detest the noises.
    Just another stock Mach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Abyss View Post
    Jlt Huh? I'll give them a look. By the way do either of you guys know what to do about pulley noise? My Dad and I washed the engine with Black Magic and now the pulleys make a whirring noise. Most specifically the alternator pulley. they haven't seemed to have affected how my car drives but i absolutely detest the noises.
    Yeah I had a JLT for a while and loved it, big ol' 4 inch tubing. but it looks cheap because the inside of it looksl ike PVC piping pretty much and with splotches of paint on the inside, but it does the job, plus its not freakin metal like some intakes I see, Metal=gets VERY HOT! JLT stays a lot cooler. Not sure about the pulley thing though, hopefully someone can chime in?

Well if it looks like it's PVC maybe I'll make my own...Get myself some spray paint and voila CAI!
    Just another stock Mach.

Gold Award 

Quote Originally Posted by The Abyss View Post
    Well if it looks like it's PVC maybe I'll make my own...Get myself some spray paint and voila CAI!
    lol yeah, the only thing that sucks is cutting it and having the right bends and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucafu1 View Post
    Yeah thats the one I was talking about earlier, the JLT that keeps the shaker useful. If I were you I would go with that intake. looks sharp

So I took off the air silencer. I'm going to see if there is a difference. I want to take off the resonator box but I have nothing to cover the hole where it should be. I don't want to buy one of those fancy plugs because i plan to buy a CAI. Any suggestions?
    Just another stock Mach.

Well I did something ridiculous I took the resonator box out and plugged it with a cap. More specifically a cap from a drano bottle. The red of the cap looks cool but the "Push and Twist" doesn't. Ha ha oh well...
    Just another stock Mach.

LOL you made it work. You are starting down modification alley. There is not turning back.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnTire View Post
    LOL you made it work. You are starting down modification alley. There is not turning back.
    so true