Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tricked Ponies Car Show (Goodyear)

Tricked Ponies Car Show (Goodyear)

Folks this is gonna be a good one! Last year they gave a bunch of stuff out including a set of Foose Wheels! This year will be bigger and better and you know what? They are going into this trying to make it the most friendly show participant in the state! AND. . .It benefits Ryans House !

As of now there are 18 trophy classes with 3 trophies in each class!

January 13 - 2nd Annual Tricked Ponies Car Show (proceeds benefit Ryan House); 11 AM to 3 PM; Pioneer Ford at I-10 and Litchfield Rd. $25 early registration, $35 day of show

http://www.trickedponies.com/en/next_event.cfm
    Last edited by Blown66; 11-11-07 at 03:29 PM. Reason: wrong information

Gold Award 
    looks like a good time! i am gonna try and make it out.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

Platinum Award 
    Yeah I missed last year but I'm goin this year!!! Gonna bring my Fox out!!
    "The choices we make, dictates the lives we lead"

I wanna come out but not sure the 89 will be ready... Actually I can pretty much guarantee it won't.

Will there be any kind of class for the Lightnings???
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

One of the other guys who have been in on the show since the start is on this site. . .I am working on him and other big cheeses to have other cars/trucks. I don't think that will fly on a mass scale. But don't tell them. . .but I am going to pitch a 10-"other" Ford class that could include your truck and a really nice Falcon and probably a million other fords. ;)

Send a PM to Dave (Jacostang) from CMC.

I am sure he can give you some ideas on classes and we can send some cars your way.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

I'll do that. . .thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blown66 View Post
    One of the other guys who have been in on the show since the start is on this site. . .I am working on him and other big cheeses to have other cars/trucks. I don't think that will fly on a mass scale. But don't tell them. . .but I am going to pitch a 10-"other" Ford class that could include your truck and a really nice Falcon and probably a million other fords. ;)

OUTSTANDING. This is what I am talking about. An all Mustang show is cool but give the other fast Fords their own little corner. Especially if they are faster than some of the Mustangs...
    2012 Race Red GT w/ a 5 Liter and a 6 speed
    2010 Dodge Challenger R/T traded in.
    '03 DBS Cobra .... Traded in, THANK GOD
    '01 Ford Lightning.... Sold, sorely missed

I haven't presented it yet.. .but my guess is it would have to be a special invite so that the bosses aren't swamped with "other" Fords applying for the show. I'm a more the merrier type of guy, but there is logic to keeping it "special" with just mustangs.

Plus there is a question of space. . .so you can't really open in up to everyone. But like you said. ..a little flare by having other types of fords I think would be cool. Not my call though. I will try however. . .

That will likely be a tough sell at this point. In future years I'm pretty sure an "All Ford" show is a distinct possibility but I think we're too close to the show date to tinker with the format. Creating another class as "Invitation only" is risky and could incur the wrath of some. Because this show is sponsored by a dealership, first dib's on spaces in this class may have to go to known customers of Pioneer Ford and maybe even those of Dan Grubb's other dealership. After all Dan is the guy who is ultimately picking up the tab for all of this.

Maybe I'm off base but my goal is to see this show provide financial and positive media support to Ryan House. The folks at Ryan House are planning to break ground on their new care facility in 2008. So all the financial help they receive between now and then helps them pay the astronomical costs associated with building a facility of this type (for anyone interested it will be over near St. Joseph's Hospital north west of Central and Thomas).
    2008 Bullitt, Highland Green Metallic, Dark Charcoal interior

Modifications

Planned Mod's:
    * How do you modify an instant classic?