Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear end support

Rear end support

My Kenny Brown rear brace suspension fell through and I really need to strengthen the rear end and get rid of the wheel hop. The wife is 6 months pregnant, so an 8.8 rear is out of the question right now. Any suggestions? I'm only putting down 455 HP now, but want more and need some help because this IRS wheel hop sucks.

Gold Award 
    There are 3 ways to get rid of wheelhop.

1) Read this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=231900

2) Get a solid.

3) Don't launch hard on IRS.

BFG Drag Radials cleared up the wheel hop on the street for me. On a sticky track I still have wheel hop issues. It doesn't matter if you launch easy if the tires break loose on a sticky track it is going to hop. A live axle is probably the best bet. You could probably find someone in the area with a GT or Mach that wants to swap with for minimal cost. I know Dan and Gene both have live axles and highly recommend the mod. There are poeple that have done every IRS bushing and still have hop.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

either step up to the solid or dont be hard on the car that is the best advise i can give you. BTW we also do the swaps . You will not find some one to swap because they all know these IRS's suck. I can build a rear end for you if you wish. let us know 602 269 8955 Performance Solutions

Well, I guess for now I'll just have to do the brace and girdle until after my wife has our child. I just bought Nitto Drag Radials and it seems worse now.

Gold Award 
    IRS=POS (Synonyms)

Gold Award 
    im pro irs. ive spent alot of time and money on mine and i love it. on my 275 nittos i can cut 1.8 60 fts and on et streets i can get 1.7s on a shitty launch. usually 1.6s but im going for 1.5s this year.

What do you have done to be cutting times that good? If I can get times like that and the IRS holds up, I would keep it.

Gold Award 
    well there are guys that cut 1.5s with less mods, but there running full slicks and front runners. im on 17" et streets and stock fronts.

I have lvl 5 halfshafts, h&r springs, cobra R shocks, bf brace, bf irs brackets (welded in), mm flsfc, mm bump steer kit, mm delrin/aluminum bushings, and jdm pinion snubber. thats all i can remember. you dont need all that, i just did it to handle well on the turns.

i

1. Get some good shocks (2000R Bilsteins are good)
    2. replace lower arm rubber bushings with Delrin (properly installed of course)
    3. Ensure you have the FR500 Brace (all 03-04 Cobras should have it)
    4. Delrin, aluminum, or urewthane front diff bushings, with reset pinion angle)

That will take care of it.

Dave