Thread: Check Engine Light

Exclamation Check Engine Light

A little history: I have an 01 cobra with less than 30K miles, it was completely stock when I bought it and I have added Borla exhaust and JLT cold air kit only along with Royal Purple and Iridium Spark Plugs. It was running great when I had to drive it 13 miles to work but now I moved to within 2 miles and I find it runs much better when you can jump on it frequently instead of my 2 mile comute through a school zone so I never get it over 40. The check engine light came on and I took it to my mechanic to diagnos on his computer and he says the light refers to it running too rich. Any suggestions? The car runs much better if you can run it at 120 or race around town once a week but with my lead foot its just a matter of time.

I would have the code cleared and see if it happens again.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

I did that and it lasted 2 days before it came on again? I was just doing some reading in the forum about tuning which may be an issue, from what I gather I should call performance solutions and inquire thanks

Well if it is back again then it needs to be check out by the pros.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5

Clean your MAF, have you eliminated the Cats?

Best thing to do is give it to the pro's as stated Never parts guess unless you know what your dealing with

What was the code# that came back? When you replaced your exhaust, I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but did you forget to plug in your rear 02 sensors? That will kick back a rich code. And if you put a catted X pipe on, leave the free flow cats on. Not only will that kick back a rich signal, but you'll also lose about 15hp without your cats on an everyday driver, Mike.
    40th Anniversary American Muscle