Thread: spring install write up

spring install write up

anyone have a write up for a spring install on the front and rear?
    2003 Azure Blue Mach 1:
    performance:
    SLP loudmouth 1 catback, Bassani catted X, JLT true ram air intake, Hurst short throw

Cosmetic:
    taillight tint

Coming soon:
    FRPP 4.10 gears, Black 18" FR500

Backs are easy just take a jack put it under the lower controm arm unbolt it and use the jack to slowly drop it. The spring will either fall down or you might have to reach in and grab it. Fronts take the brakes off unbolt the bottom of the shock and can either use a spring compressor and compress it or might be able to use a pry bar and pop the spring up. Use a spring compressor and and put the spring in. If you are going with an eibach drag launch kit you might want to get the springs banded before putting them in. Reverse the process and your done. All 4 should take you under 2 hours easily. First time it took no time second time i did drag launch springs and didnt band the springs and getting those things small enough to fit in were not easy
    I'll see if i can get my ford dvd with all the dealership manuals installed tomorrow and post up step by step pics

Gold Award 
    Go to maximum motorsports.com and look in the installation insructions section. Maybe get the instructions for a Control arm install and follow it all the way up to removing the spring or something like that.

Gold Award 
    with air tools the rears are super quick, about 10-15 each side. fronts are super easy too. i dont like dropping the lower control arm cause sometimes they act like a PIA getting the holes lined up. I drop the lower shock hardware which lets the axle drop even more. you can either pry the spring out (if your good w/ a pry bar) or get a spring compressor. thats it.

great thanks guys now i have to find a break from the job lol
    2003 Azure Blue Mach 1:
    performance:
    SLP loudmouth 1 catback, Bassani catted X, JLT true ram air intake, Hurst short throw

Cosmetic:
    taillight tint

Coming soon:

for some reason my dvd isnt reading on my computer or on my roomates. Tried to copy it also and that didnt work. Guess i just have to throw it out or see if i can get one of those scratch fixers and see if that helps anything but its not scratched bad so idk

thanks for the replies guys. i got it done and i love them
    2003 Azure Blue Mach 1:
    performance:

Cosmetic:
    taillight tint

Coming soon:

Gold Award 
    pics?!?!?!?

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile