Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got home from Performance Solutions :)

Thumbs up Just got home from Performance Solutions :)

Hello Fellow Terminators!

Well I must say, this shot is badass! The shop size is incredible! The customer service is great, and they let you hang out while they are working on it! This place has everything I ask for in a shop! I arrived at 12:30 and the work began......

Here we have the car pulled in ready to start wrenching. Notice the size of the shop in the background.....

Here is Devin beginning to unbolt the four plugs on the driver's side.

NGK TR6's Here we come!

The plugs had a bit of detenation. Due to running the stock plugs with my current 2.8 Pulley, Intake, X Pipe, Catback.

Preparing the TR6's with anti-seize.

Drivers side done!

Passenger Side Completed!

Plug change went very smooth and quick! Off to the Autometer Dual Gauge Pod Install (Boost/ Air Fuel)! By the way everything was zip-tied and plastic tube covered.

Preparing the Interior for the Gauge Pod!

Sliding the Gauge Pod Into the A Pillar.

Gauge Pod Completed! (Picture Was Taken Inside My Garage! Everything works perfect!

Off to the V1 Install. Only pic I got was the completion! We ran the cord from here, behind the Personel Mirror, down the A-Pillar, to the power source near the Shifter! Everything was done very professionally!

Made it home safe and sound!

I must also say that the TR6's were gapped at .035 and are running very smoothly! My idle is great! I will have them checked once I return with my IRS Brace! Stay Tuned!

Here is my conclusion of the shop!

After my first visit and install I must say I am a lifeling customer! Devin and Dan know these cars very well! They were very courteous and professional. The price was very very reasonable for the time it took for this install. They dont just hack there way through stuff. When Devin wired my Air/Fuel he re-routed it three times. Lifting my car up twice and adjusting the wiring, just to my liking. Always telling me how/why this will improve better than other ways. I felt very comfortable with them wrenching on my new car. I will be returning once I get my IRS Brace and Dyno Installed. I must also note that Devin took a new predator and Logged some of my fuel patterns! I guess they dont marry the VIN if you just log???? Anyways, I would like to let you guys know this shop is the place to go for optimal quality, professional work.

Best Wishes to Dan and his new shop!

Sincerely,

Zach Buzianis

Gold Award 
    looks good man!

Gold Award 
    sweet, but i wouldnt of used anti-seize on our heads. thats shop looks sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by lucafu1
    sweet, but i wouldnt of used anti-seize on our heads. thats shop looks sweet!

what ???????? that is the only way you should install steel plugs in to aluminum heads if not then it will sieze the two metals together I have seen this 1382738471 times when you pull the sparkplug out and the threads come with it. then a simple plug change is a head job.

anti sieze is not loc tite it keeps the plug from siezing in the hole. hey but what do i know I only do this for a living my whole life

Gold Award 
    i know exactly what anti-seize is and what different metals do when they come in contact with each other. you have to know these things working on aircraft.
    with 4 thread heads you really dont need it. and as many times cobra owners change their plugs its not gonna seize. i dont wanna have problems like the L owners with plugs popping out under boost.

if you plan on going 100k between plug changes then yeah throw some a/s compound on there.

maybe i should be more clear. ford had some weak castings on some of there parts like the V10 (that has no boost) all v 10s loose a head due to a bad casting. and what happends is people leave the plugs in there way too long and they sieze to the head then when removing them the pull the threads as well then they reinstall the new plug and the truck/ car runs for about 3 weeks then pops a plug out..

9 years working at ford I have seen it. anti sieze is the only way plugs should be installed on any motor

Ok lets hear your end! What is it going to hurt????????? once again I dont want people getting bad advise so lets hear all the pros and cons of it. and please no copy and past text from someone elses forum.

when using anti sieze in small amounts will assure that the plugs will not sieze to the head with in the 20-30k miles. also do you know the amount of heat that is down in that hole ????? it is tremendous

when NOT using anti sieze you are asking to take a gamble and personaly I dont want to take that kind of risk.