Thread: Ballpark HP limit for Boost-a-pump, 60lb injectors, SCT2400 MAF

Gold Award 

Ballpark HP limit for Boost-a-pump, 60lb injectors, SCT2400 MAF

Anyone have a general idea of what kinda horsepower can be put down on that setup before the fuel becomes an issue?

That's what I have on my car. Chris Johnson of SCT told me that 600RWHP was pushing it on stock rails and pumps, even with the BAP. I haven't datalogged my fuel pump duty cycle to see where it's at, but as long as the A/F ratio is under 12:1, I'm good with it, even though I'm a tad over the 600HP mark.

Gold Award 
    My FP duty cycle is at 100% just with my KB @18 PSI above 5500rpm. My injectors make up for it though giving me some room. I never see above 12.0 according to my wideband. Although, on spray, my tune is commanded for 11.5:1 and creeps up to 11.8 where I get out of it on the garbage can hit. It only happens in 4th at peak rpm though. I have my wbc warning light to come on at 11.8 on the dope. I'm curious to see what the $500 dollar MD fuel line upgrade kit does for our fpdc. I nominate James to do it since he can afford it withough having his wife bitch and complain.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene
    I nominate James to do it since he can afford it withough having his wife bitch and complain.
    Well you are right about that Gene...

Me: "I'm preparing to spend another 9K on the car when the house sells."

Wife: "OK"

Chances are the car will stay on the setup in the thread title. I will never need 600 rwhp tracking this car next winter if things work out right.

I have about $9,100 just in parts to buy to finish the car on the Whipple plan. 99% of the time I don't plan on running the car past 15 PSI (stock upper, 4 lb lower) anymore if I get a whipple. I might have a 19 PSI (3.0 upper, 4lb lower) on 109 octane setup for "special filming nights", but I think I'd run out of fuel before 7,000 RPM's

The $869 MD setup and the Lethal/Coastal kit at $1500 both seem kinda steep for what's involved...lethal wants the stock housing, hat and FPDM back or their is a 500 dollar core charge. $2000 can get you the returnless King Sumo setup. Might have to see if Dan and Devin can work something out in the fuel area.
    Last edited by 50 BMG; 03-15-06 at 09:09 PM.

Gold Award 
    the 2400 will max first so if your planning on some big hp then you might wanna get a mafia or 2800 MAF

Gold Award 
    MD quotes the 2400 to be good for 700 rwhp...we'll see what actually happens if I go through with the 19 PSI setup. It might start getting close on 19 PSI/109 octane.

The rails and pumps are my first concern.