Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: January 26th Safeway Meet

Hang tight on the 91st cruise. As I have said to others (before you joined) I don't have time to oversee a cruise and run the club. So I have opted for the club. :)

BUT. . .with that said, I have an idea and you can give me your opinion. I want us to host a cruise (Changed to a Show and Shine) on 91st once a month. (2nd Friday of every month?) Make it special with a DJ and other things. ..PLUS. . .at least a 1st, maybe a second and third place trophy/awards for the best cars in the lot. I am also thinking of making it a "club" night with like I said one set of trophies/awards.

What do you think? Is the trophy idea just goofy? (I have a sponsor I think) I know it's not every friday, I just can't babysit it on my own. It is more than just going...it's getting the word out...that's where I don't have the time.

I like the idea of making it more of an "event" like that and if there is a sponsor, i think the trophy/award idea is fun as well. It would be nice to have something like that on this side of town.
    As far as getting the word out goes, shoot me an email with some ideas of how you have done it in the past and my wife and i will take on some of the work. We are both on our laptops constanly wasting time and can help with emails, forum or site postings, flyers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown66 View Post
    Hang tight on the 91st cruise. As I have said to others (before you joined) I don't have time to oversee a cruise and run the club. So I have opted for the club. :)

BUT. . .with that said, I have an idea and you can give me your opinion. I want us to host a cruise (Changed to a Show and Shine) on 91st once a month. (2nd Friday of every month?) Make it special with a DJ and other things. ..PLUS. . .at least a 1st, maybe a second and third place trophy/awards for the best cars in the lot. I am also thinking of making it a "club" night with like I said one set of trophies/awards.

What do you think? Is the trophy idea just goofy? (I have a sponsor I think) I know it's not every friday, I just can't babysit it on my own. It is more than just going...it's getting the word out...that's where I don't have the time.
    This sounds great. I perhaps could "take over" promotion of the cruise/Show & Shine.

Awesome guys...give me next week to hammer out the sponsor I am thinking of (he wants to be associated with us) and I'll let you know.

BTW

Saturday (24 hours): Considerable cloudiness. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 40s.

No rain? Says Sunday is rain...

Never can trust the weatherman. Oh well, better safe than sorry, im afraid my car might disintegrate in the rain.

Silver Award 
    Great time tonight, was really good to see such a fantastic turnout and really cool to see all the stangs parked in a row. I've come out to this cruise a couple of times last year on my own, and it sure is much more fun to be part of a group. If I don't see you before my trip, I hope to see all of you at a cruise-in, club meet or show in March, until then, God Bless All Of You, Rev'n Kevin.

The show and shine was great. Rolling in with everyone and almost taken up a whole row of the parking lot. Kevin have a safe trip, see you when you return.

Gold Award 
    good deal! the pavs was bouncin too. alotta stang love going on this weekend.

Tuned By PSR TUNING
    11.07 @ 127.93
    My Autolog Profile

That was my first time at this cruise and i was really surprised at the number of cars. We had a great time and it was fun to cruise in with everyone else and see all the stangs lined up. Great turn out everyone.

Did anybody get pics? I had to work. Whens the next one?