Thread: Sweeping Gauges

Sweeping Gauges

Hey Guy's,

I just noticed lately that all my gauges do a full sweep for about 3 seconds everytime I start the Mach, I don't remember this happening before. Is this an indication that it is time for a new battery?? (still has the original battery from 03 Lol on borrowed time I guess) The car cranks fine,(no slugishness from the starter) starts fine, runs fine no other problems.
    I just need to know if this is normal or some type of indication of something?? If it needs to be checked out please let me know, I plan on going to PSR within the next week or 2 to get some other work done.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Bob.

LOL Bob!

It's a symptom of low battery voltage. Check to make sure your alternator is functioning properly and replace your battery.

OK thanks Bill.

You still have your original 03' battery Bob? Lets give it an honorary Duracell award!

I replaced my battery last weekend, not bad, 48 months out of a 36 month battery. I was luckier than Rick, mine died in the garage. I was kind of expecting it too, it had been slower turning the motor over the past couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchmach View Post
    You still have your original 03' battery Bob? Lets give it an honorary Duracell award!

I replaced my battery last weekend, not bad, 48 months out of a 36 month battery. I was luckier than Rick, mine died in the garage. I was kind of expecting it too, it had been slower turning the motor over the past couple weeks.
    Well I didn't have any problems with it dragging when starting, But I replaced the battery this weekend and that fixed the issue of the sweeping guages, so it looks like Bill was right on the money, Thanks M1M...

Glad I was able to help.