Thread: Windsor engine issues

Windsor engine issues

First post on this site. Thanks in advance for all help!. I have a Windsor stroked to 392. It has a TWM 8stack fuel injection system on it. I have had nothing but problems with the engine. At 2500 miles it started to blow oil. The engine was taken apart and the rings were worn heavily. Shop put in new rings and I got the car back three weeks ago. Last week I took it down to the Rolex at Daytona. No crazy driving. Car cruses at 2100 rpm. 15 miles from home the engine blew. This time something is broken. It will go back to the shop but I have a few concerns. The engine runs rich. If I warm it up I will find black soot spots from the exhaust. he ECU is Motec and was set up by them. Should there be a computer copy of this program? Can the engine, when fixed be set up with a separate program for the street and one for the track. My wife tracks this car but also drives it around on the street. I think the tune in the engine washes down the cylinders and is causing this. Any thoughts or ideas. This car was an anniversary present for my wife. She says I should have just gotten flowers, they last longer! Ouch!

Sounds like a machining issue. If the car was so rich that it was flooding the cylinders I doubt it would even run let alone be drivable.
    Sold
    2004 Cobra, Whipple ,TH-400
    Burning Corn
    9.97 - 135.5