Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dual Focus Pumps

Dual Focus Pumps

Right now i am running an svt focus fuel pump which is adequate right now on my p1sc procharger running 10 lbs of boost with 480 to the wheels. In a couple of months I will be replacing my p1sc head unit, with an F-1 head unit and run about 17 lbs of boost hopefully getting closer to 700 hp. Now the focus pump maxes out at 255 lph, which i doubt would be adequate. I know some turbo charged applications use a dual focus pump. that is what i want. Where can i find a dual focus pump??

Hey check this out much better than twin focus. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/438917-post22.html
    I don't know if you are going to be able to get 700rwhp on 17# with out major head work and good cams or just a small shot but I don't know your current set up so maybe you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Bite
    Hey check this out much better than twin focus. http://www.modularfords.com/forums/438917-post22.html
    I don't know if you are going to be able to get 700rwhp on 17# with out major head work and good cams or just a small shot but I don't know your current set up so maybe you will.
    How 'bout running 20 lbs of boost on a centrifigal supercharger. wouldn't that get u right to 700 hp on like an 03 cobra block?? Centrifigal makes more top end power than a screw or roots type supercharger. que no?
    Wisdom is simply the awareness of your own ignorance.
    HAVOC

Gold Award 
    Apten has a kit, lethal has a kit, or just go returnless. Honestly I wouldn't mess with dual focus pumps but thats just my 1 cent of opinion.

If you can get 22 rwhp per 1 PSI increase on a F1 then go for it. That's about par/slightly more than most 03/04cobras get per PSI on a turbo, but I don't know your engine particulars.

Quote Originally Posted by mfj
    Centrifigal makes more top end power than a screw or roots type supercharger. que no?
    Ya they make more top end than a twin screw cause there is less parasitic loss. The real advantage is the centri's that can run over 28 PSI. Unless you have an all out drag car, with these new twin screws on the market I wouldn't run a centri unless I was well into the 30 PSI range on them.

Anyways, good luck. Post some pics of your car too.

why whould you want to cob together something that dont belong on the car to start with do it right since you are planning on running serious boost get a serious fuel system. that is my .02

BTW I sell the fuel systems too .......

2001 cobras already have a returnless fuel line. What i want to do is get an adequate fuel pump that won't require a new fuel tank. What will fit my stock fueltank besides a dual focus pump, something that will do over 350 lph.????
    HAVOC

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    since you are planning on running serious boost get a serious fuel system. that is my .02
    Good point. I forgot the 700rwhp "threshold" for the regular style fuel systems.

That's close to the edge of the lethal kit; I'm not aware of another off the shelf kit that will do it unless you go returnless.

There is no way in hell I'd pay 1400 for the lethal kit when you can go to an off the shelf returnless for another 200-400 more dollars.
    Last edited by 50 BMG; 03-28-06 at 12:52 PM.

Gold Award 
    Quote Originally Posted by mfj
    What i want to do is get an adequate fuel pump that won't require a new fuel tank. What will fit my stock fueltank besides a dual focus pump, something that will do over 350 lph.????
    If you have the same tank as a 03/04 then I'd do GT pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by 50 BMG
    Good point. I forgot the 700rwhp "threshold" for the regular style fuel systems.

That's close to the edge of the lethal kit; I'm not aware of another off the shelf kit that will do it unless you go returnless.

There is no way in hell I'd pay 1400 for the lethal kit when you can go to an off the shelf returnless for another 200-400 more dollars.
    SO WHERE DO I GET THIS OFF THE SHELF RETURNLES FUEL SYSTEM. I THOUGHT MY FUEL SYSTEM IS ALREAD RETURNLESS???????????
    HAVOC